to my women of color *update*

Ok so today I went to Walmart and went to the toy section and was looking for a little baby for Naliyah....Naliyah is mixed with Mexican and black so I was looking for a little black baby for her or Mexican baby...they had such a big selection of white little babies and I found that weird...if we have come a long way through this white and black thing why can't I find a colored baby for my daughter to play with? I find it offensive... anybody else been through this or feel like this?

Comments

• I've seen lots of different ethnic dolls. Chinese (or Japenese.. not sure which & I don't mean that offensive!), black, white, native american. Thats strange there weren't any there. Maybe try an actual toy store.. like toys r us that may have a bigger selection.
  • @1stWoodsBaby yea maybe I should try that
  • edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At my Walmart they always a white, black and Hispanic in pretty much every doll.. My daughter has several black dolls cause its what she picked out :).. I'm sorry you couldn't really find her any.. Maybe they were sold out of most of them?
  • @RileyAndMe lmao I'm laughing hard over here

@Mama_Kat yea its driving me nuts as well

@Lacy809 thanks girl
    @HomeBirthAdvocate yea I'm going to write the company or something
  • They do.have really weird dolls.
  • @squirt299 lol I didn't even bother to look at all of them cause I was mad lol
  • When I went to buy my daughter one theu all freaked me out scary looking. I got her one that was were all the clothes were it isnt really a baby doll it has a rattle in it.
  • @newmomma13 I was having the same problem I went to look for my lil girl a black doll and I didn't see any except for one that was really really black (like the crayon black) and had nappy hair smh. So I ask someone that work there if they had anymore black dolls and she said no and said y don't I get a white doll since my daughter is light skinned...ugh... I'm like lady ur missing the point.
  • Omg....Where I live you'd be suprised if you found a black baby doll in walmart. They definitely won't be getting any of my Christmas money! I'm not gonna lie, it pissed me off. No offense to white people, Kaylee has a little baby doll that I got at my baby shower and its a white doll and she loves it...but I would like to be able to chose a black doll if I want. I guess I'll have to find the nearest toys r us.
  • @squirt299 lol well if she likes it then that's good

@twoisenough lmao!!!!!!!!!! Crayon black!!!!!!! That's so funny!!!! Cant stop laughing!!!! I would've told her well u think id be standing here asking you this if I just wanted to go ahead and get her a white baby
  • She likes to beat it against the wall lmao
  • @newmomma13 now u got me laughing lol
  • @Tootie89 yea it pissed me off too
  • @squirt299 lol!!!
    @twoisenough cause that was so funny!!!!!!!!!!
  • Omg. Wal-Mart does have weird dolls! Lauren is just now at the age to have fabric ones and after what I saw the other day, I'll be sticking with Target. I know Target has better selection for Barbies of all different ethnicities and cultures. I can't say about most of their dolls though.
  • Walmart has a HORRIBLE selection of dolls...creepy ones! Toys R Us has a nice selection with lots of different ethnic options :)
  • @mama_kat the dolls on that site are so cute! I was thinking about buying my 1yr old one of the boy dolls since he likes stuffed animals, but I think his dad might flip lol
  • My daugthers are half Mexican half puertorricans and I have very curly hair they have straight so they always ask me why? And why there's no dolls whit my hair so I bought a hispanic doll whit black hair and bronw eyes and make it curly hair by boiling it and it came out fantastic!!! I'll pass you the tutorial if you want
  • Really my 2 year old have lots of black baby dolls
  • edited July 2012
    @RileyAndMe lol wow he hated ur dolls

@Mrs4c imma have to try target too then

@2girls_1boy yea that would be nice cause I have very curly hair and naliyah has very very curly hair
  • edited July 2012
    Ok hope it works! I mean try to paste the page!
  • So I found a black baby alive doll at Ross for $6.50!!!!!!!! Those things are expensive at Walmart or target...I was so excited and so was Naliyah cause won't put it down lol
  • Wow 6:50 is awesome cuz those are expensive!