any advice is welcome please

emyemy
edited July 2012 in Loss
I had a miscarrige (sp) on June 5 my gyno said the average woman bleeds for 3 or 4 weeks. I have been bleeding for 6 weeks (38 days). Is this normal? I'm scared, i got out a lot of clots which he said was normal, but am I ever gonna stop bleeding?

Comments

• I had a MC in Sept last year...bled a ton for 5 weeks and at my follow up visit ended up having a lot of retained tissue in there, so ended up having a d&c in October. Does your doc say anything about possibly having tissue left?
  • I would go and get checked out hun, there may be some retained tissue and your doctor may want to do a dnc. I had a missed miscarriage so went straight in for a dnc and bled for about 2 weeks. Better to be safe than sorry x
  • I'm sorry for your loss may I ask how many weeks were you? And the bleeding all depends I had 3-4 weeks of constant bleeding. You may have some left over tissue and might need a dnc (uterus scrub) and leaving it in there may be dangerous.
  • Not sure.. but they do have pills to stop your bleeding. Call your gyno... Wow, I her your sugar is low.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate yes it does.
    I have a check up appt tomorrow, does a d&c hurt?
  • Im sorry for your loss, i had a mc in april and had to have a d&c and i chose to do it in the doctors office and it was the worst pain i ever experienced, next to child birth. If u have the option get put under because you dont want to go through the pain. I screamed and cried the whole time. you feel them open you up and you can feel the suctioning. all they gave me was a vailum and no pain meds.
  • @homebirthadvocate i go tomorrow morning for my check up. do u think ill b fine until then?
  • @salasmommy i was about 7 weeks
  • @emy they put me to sleep for my d&c and it didn't hurt at all
  • @homebirthadvocate thank you, all prayers are very welcome. :)

@skysma thank u for telling me that, i will definatly ask if they can make putting me to sleep an option cuz the thought is worrying me to death.
  • I think I bled for about 3-4 wks after. I'm sorry about your loss
  • Yeah they put me to sleep because I passed the bby and h said 7 to 10 days of bleeding 3 weeks later I caled him said I was still bleeding and I was in surery that night
  • They used a ring forcep on me at the er the other night like @homebirthadvocate said & it was uncomfortable but didn't hurt. Hopefully they can do that instead of d&c. I'm sorry for your loss, it's painful physically & emotionally.
  • @homebirthadvocate - Idk what they even are, I just heard him ask the nurse to hand him one...lol!
  • @kayleigh27 thank you.
    @homebirthadvocate @wilsomom i went for a check up 3 wks after the mc an they gave me 4 pills to insert up there an told me to come back in 3 wks for another check up (which is tomorrow) if they dont do something to help me im going to have to go elsewhere. Im very sorry for ur loss too, it is rough :(
  • I had a d&c 2 years ago I was almost 12 weeks when it happened. They put me to sleep for it to me the worst part was just dreaming out before since I had never had any type of surgery. I had some pain after but wasn't horrible I was up and back to work about a week later.
  • Yeah and they gave u cytotec HORRIBLE SHIT I HATED IT SORRY BOUT THE LANGUAGE BUTTT AWFULLLL
  • @homebirthadvocate @skysma @wilsomom @kaleigh27 @morgdeebee @rtmommy @hsweetie21 @littlenat86 @ynvtish
    Thank you all for ur comments. I went to the Dr yesterday an I go in tomorrow for the d&c. They r going to put me to sleep..... thank god. They didnt check for infection or anything, I was like wth, but said they would tomorrow b4 surgery. My lower back is aching so I'm thinking infection. I'm kind of nervous but knowing a lot of u ladies have went through it makes me feel a little better.
  • I didn't get fully put to sleep for mine. I just had conscious sedation. I don't remember the procedure at all. The worst part was the IV. I rested for the rest of the day after surgery and was fine to work the next day. I had some cramping, but nothing more than period cramps. Good luck tmw. :)
  • ::hugs:: hope it goes well tomorrow
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hope everything goes well. Keep us updated.
  • emyemy
    edited July 2012
    Update.
    I went in an got it done! They put me to sleep, and scraped my uterus then used the straw looking thing to suck the tissue out. I'm a little sore but making it. @homebirthadvocate they put a tube down my throat an not only is my throat sore but it kinda hurts my back (lung area) when I breath. Is this normal? I'm so glad that it's over, now I can start getting on.