idk what to do anymore

edited July 2012 in Sleep
I need to figure out how to get her comfortable with daddy going in and putting her back to sleep. She is so dependent on me and only me and I'm becoming very exhausted, I feel like I have a newborn all over again. The last couple of nights she has been getting up around midnight and refusing to let daddy to go in and comfort her and get her back to sleep. So I get up, get her back to sleep and ten minutes later I'm back in there because she has realized I'm no longer in her room, I can't stand the cio method esp when she cries really hard. Any ideas ladies?

Comments

• Last night she didn't fully go back to sleep till 2am...I had to be up for work at 5!
  • Check into the book "the no cry sleep solution" its pretty good and gives LOTS of ideas.
  • Wow hun I've been there my husband working long hours had my son wanting me and only me for months and I agree its exhausting!!

Has she just now started or recently sleeping on her own?
    Does daddy spend a lot of time with her?
    Does he watch her do activities feed her? The reason why I am asking is bc babies get attached when you do those things with her. Some babies go through the stage of whenb you aren't there much they wanna be with u 247 and ball their eyes out when you are gone.

Anyway what my husband and I started to do when he got some days off finally is put him to sleep together he would rub his back I would play with his hair (he would share baths (we would all be there) with reading time he weas included and before you know it voila he wants his daddy at night :)
  • Another thing he got atthed with his dad too was playing with him and when I would make his sippy cup in the middle of the night with warm milk he would give it to him, we would wait till he was done burp him and off to sleep he went hope this help sorry its long
  • How old is she... ?

Also, I've found that the more I intervene when daddy is trying to perform his magic it stirs up even more of an issue. Haylee has caught on to... If I keep acting a Damn fool mommy will eventually come and rescue me.

But.. not anymore! I'm just as tired as you too. So this little girl has to deal with the crumbs she's being dealt. LOL
  • @1stwoodsbaby ok I will thanks.
    @salasmommy no she has been in her own room since she was 4 months old and sleeping through the night since 2 months. She is now 8 months. He isn't home as much as I am with her. When he is home tho he does play with her and is around when she does activities and even when he will be sitting on the floor with her and she will cry because she wants me.
    @ynvtish she is 8 months old. She will scream bloody murder at him and won't stop unless I go in there. I feel awful for letting her cry like that esp if he can't calm her down.
  • He should interact with her more maybe he can help feed her or help bathe her. When she cries for you and he is holding her sit next to him rub her back or hold her hand hug her put her down and say its ok its daddy. I did this a million times with my son (my husband would hold out his arms when I said that)
  • @salasmommy he feeds her on the days I work, but she is bf so obviously when I'm home she nurses. He does come into the bathroom when its bath time and she is completely fine with him..when I'm not around.
    @blessedtxmom he tries to do stuff with her and she doesn't seem to care.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blessedtxmom I wish we could have a better bedtime routine but haven't really tried since she's never had a bedtime we've always just given her a bath and she goes to sleep afterwards..I just notice her cues for being tired.
    @homebirthadvocate yea we've tried that, she likes to hold our hands as her security blanket, but lately she has been shoving his away and I've noticed but haven't mentioned to him that she starts to cry harder if she sees him come in and not me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.