Swelling feet/legs and restless leg syndrome

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
This is going to be a loooong 10 weeks left until my LO is here. My legs, ankles, and feet have started swelling and hurting already and I've got restless leg syndrome. I can't ever get a good nights sleep due to RLS. I can't relax during the day to help with swelling since I'm a SAHM to a 9month old.
So I can't lay back and prop my feet up..but does anyone have any other suggestions to deal with the pain and uncomfortable feeling of either the swelling or the RLS? I don't know how I'll deal with this for 10 more weeks.

Comments

• Only thing that helped with my RLS was taking a warm bath and moving my legs around in the water and taking a benedryl before bed
  • Oh I hadn't thought of a bath. Just the thought sounds relaxing. I'll definitely have to try this! Thanks @lacy809
  • Did you try a bar of soap under the mattress?
  • edited July 2012
    @molly no i haven't. Does it work? Does it matter where you out the soap, like in the middle or down near the legs? Im willing to try anything. I haven't slept since 10:30 Saturday morning and its now 6:30 Sunday night where I am. I need peaceful sleep.
  • Ah yes you deffo need some sleep, girl! I don't know how thick your mattress is so better yet, put a brand new (unwrapped) bar of soap directly under your sheets and rest your legs directly on the soap. I have heard the restless feeling goes away within 2 minutes in some cases.
  • I am going through the same. My lo is 9 months as well and I have exactly 10 weeks left. I get into bed shattered and then spend the whole night tossing and turning. So here's a bump for any ideas x
  • I am in the exact same boat! Longest 10 weeks of my life :/ My doc gave me tramadol for my hip pain, so at least I get a little sleep! But when I don't take the pills I drink a little peppermint tea and do yoga. Really really helps!