not sure whats going on

So my youngest is 13 months and still nursing and we decided to try for another. I got my first postpartum period last month and I tested early before my next period would be due but kept getting negative tests. I'm now almost 4 days late yet the pregnancy tests are still coming up negative. What gives? My older two I got positives the day before my missed period. Has anyone had this happen and ended up being pregnant? I've always been regular even when nursing my oldest baby but could breastfeeding just be messing my body up?

Comments

• This what I'm worried about.. I got pregnant the second time while nursing my first one....I just started my first period from after nursing number two...we are tryig also and I'm wondering if I will be regular right away...I'm worries I will get my hopes up and than not have a consistent monthly period...if that make sense...
  • @coltensmamma yep, it makes perfect sense! This is driving me crazy, I have no idea if my period is just not going to come or what. And to top it off I have an addiction to looking at the pregnancy tests after the time limit so I keep seeing faint evaporation lines later
  • @michellebelle
    That is totally me ..I was soooo bummed when I started my period the other day...I got pregnant with my second one right away (and I know how selfish this sounds, but I don't mean it that way because I knwo how lucky I was)...I almost expected to get pregnant once I quit nursing....I guess af had other ideas...i took three boxes of first response because I convinced myself I was pregnant....its so hard not to know when your cycle is, or if its consistent..makes you feel everyday like your pregnant...and if your anything like me, you have to take a test to make sure lol....I really hope for you, that you just ovulated late and will get your positive soon!!
  • @coltensmamma thanks, you too! And I it doesn't sound selfish, I got pregnant easily with my first two also so was sort of expecting it to happen again right away. I know how blessed I am now I just can't shake the baby fever!
  • No one out there has gotten a positive well after a missed period?
  • I didn't get a positive HPT until I was almost 13 weeks pregnant with my son. I had to get a blood test that came up positive. That is extremely rare though and probably had something to do with the chemo I was on that placed me in medically induced menopause at the time.

I think it's much more likely that you 1. Ovulated later or 2. Your period is still adjusting due to breastfeeding.