My baby boy starts school August 15 :(

It just doesn't feel like he should be turning 5 and starting school this year. He is excited and I know he will do great but I can't help but think he has grown too fast! I am a sahm so he doesn't get a ton of interaction with other children (besides family friends and neighbors) so I know it is exciting for him. He always tells me he wants new friends! I have so many questions because I am a ftm in this situation. I'm stressing out, I feel like I have so little time to get everything done and 2 birthday parties (for my kids) all in the middle of preparing him for school. I got the supplies list today so I can get started on that! Growing up we always went school clothes shopping but I don't know what my son will need. Should I buy winter clothes because it will be getting cool a couple months in should I buy summer clothes because it will be hot when school starts? How many outfits should I buy? Are "name brand labels" important in kindergarten? I just don't know! Any advice anyone can give on any aspect of starting school I appreciate!

Comments

• he'll be just fine! you'll do great its so hard the first week-- but trust me he'll love it! i went thru the same thing last yr wen he started i was soo scARED hes my baby my only one =) lol but he had no problem with any of it. Clothes, buy him outfits for the first two weeks thats usualy when i noticed all thekids had nice clothes after that, back tthier old clothes. their still little they dont know to "take care" of thier clothes or shoes.. breath girl he'll be fine.. you'll be great and everything fall into place. my son starts 1st grade and already told me he doesnt want to walk himt o class =( no thats where im becoming sad about it lol
  • Mine is hopefully starting starting pre-k this August. I'm waiting on the acceptance letter. I'm excited and sad at the same time. He's growing up
  • Ok... no bame brands needed lol (at least here!!) And that goes for school supplies too!! All thier stuff was thrown in a bucket and shared. Get to know the staff. Take some days to go there and take time with the class. Be a class mom.

So one thing I have noticed as a teacher is that (AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS) I know some of those kids better then thier parents. Eating, sleeping, bodily functions. (Im a 2 yr old teacher so kinda different.) So when the teacher said they suspect somethings wrong there is a high change its true. Just keep an open mind to it and dont take offence if they say hey.... When I had my son my daughter was in kinder and her teacher was our greatest ally for keeping an eye on her. :-D
  • Im with you. My son starts kindergarden this aug and I am so nervous. I have been sahm also. He is excited and asks me all the time when he will go to school. And I cant help but feel anxious the closer it gets.
  • edited July 2012
    This is one reason why I homeschool. It's so hard!
  • My daughter starts kindergarten this August too! I'm so sad but she's totally ready lol