flying 13hrs with 1 yr old.

edited July 2012 in Military moms
Is there anything safe to give him? To make him sleep or something. He wont watch tv so thats out. He doesnt understand he cant get up. We went to florida last month (2 hr flight) and it was horrible the whole time. And yes hes ears werent the problem. He just wants to be up moving around. Well we flight to hawaii in october so he'll be a little older but still need a plan.

Comments

• Benedryl. My ped suggested it for my daughter because she's anxious about new places and it mellows her out/helps her sleep.
  • @mrsstanley_x2 i was thinking that but they dont make baby benedryl anymore. Could i give him childrens?
  • My son has bad allergy reactions and does the children's benadryl (2yrs and up) the dosage is different though...he can only have 3/4 tsp of the liquid. I would ask your doctor though or you could call the nurses hotline. Because the dosage still depends on the age and weight.
  • @kindell The ped can recommend a safe dose of benedryl. I had to give it to my son when he was younger because we flew all the time and he didn't handle it well, just the anxiety of being restricted to a small area, boredom, & eventually being tired. It was just too much!
  • Yep I give mine childrens. I just had to adjust tthe dosage cause my daughter is 13 months and only 19lbs.