@homebirthadvocate or anyone, but tmi about mc bleeding

edited July 2012 in Loss
Are these nasty blood clots I'm getting today normal? I'm not bleeding a lot (like a period) but today some really gross tissuey like clots are happening. Sorry sounds so gross, but I figured you can handle it lol. Oh, I had an ultrasound & they said there was nothing left in me. Thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'd say a quarter or half dollar. No bad smell. I'll keep an eye on it, today is the first day I've been fairly active, up & about most of the day. @homebirthadvocate
  • @homebirthadvocate
    Sounds good, thank you!
  • @homebirthadvocate , I don't mean to bother you again, but it's been 2 weeks & my bleeding is turning real thin & watery...it's more pinkish/brownish & a little mucousy, but it's so weirdly thin. I don't remember this with any other babies. No foul odor or anything. It was also watery like this when the mc first started. Thanks, you've been a life saver!
  • @homebirthadvocate - thanks, I'll keep an eye on it & hope it goes away soon! Lol
  • I bled for 6 weeks with big and small clots. I didn't stop until I finally got a d&c.
  • edited July 2012
    The thin mucousy blood is lochia serosa. Totally normal stage of bleeding after 'birth'. First its lochia rubra, which is red blood. Then lochia serosa which is thin, mucousy blood.

I can't remember what comes after that. Lol. There are different stages of bleeding.
  • @captivated Thank you! I swear I don't remember this after my other ones, but it sounds like what you said. My other ones dried up faster after the red stage, although they did get pink, then lighter & lighter, just drier.
  • @homebirthadvocate
    Is larger than normal clots with heavy bleeding normal for my first cycle? I thought my period was done, then I bled profusely for about 10 minutes & passed an egg size clot....never done that on just a period before...strange. :/ Especially after the period had stopped for a day.