Hello....

edited July 2012 in Relationships
One year ago, I was cheated on by my husband. Most of you know this.. I have been doing some soul searching, as the one year "anniversary" of the cheating drew near. The day was July 14th, 2011. I knew I would have trouble dealing with the "anniversary" and tried my hardest not to draw attention to my obvious sadness. I distanced myself from my children, friends, family and my husband for the day. I felt the same emotions wash over me that I felt on that fateful day last year. As I thought more and more about it, I started wondering things.. Why do couples cheat on their partner? As I stepped on Pregly for advice about my feet swelling, I couldn't help but notice the threads of possible cheaters, and one about falling in love again. I hit google and came across two articles that I think might give us some hope/understanding about a cheater, whether male or female. It certainly opened my eyes a bit. Just remember, you're beautiful, and it isn't your fault.

5 Things You Didn't Know About Cheating
http://m.askmen.com/entertainment/special_feature_300/369_cheating-5-things-you-didnt-know.html

Why Men Cheat In The Summer Months
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/_mobile/sex-love/relationship-advice/why-guys-cheat-in-the-summer-0808

Comments

• Hmm can't access those links my phone is being dumb. what does it say about why they cheat in the summer?
  • *hugs* hope you're cheering up, some. things have gotten better between you guys, and that's the happy part to celebrate, right? :) it's hard not to look back, but i try not to think about mine and hubby's separation, because things are good now. xoxo <3
  • July 14 is my birthday. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I loved the articles. Interesting about the summer! Thank you for posting!
  • You're now working on the relationship and that is what counts. Hopefully as time goes on it will get easier. Did your husband remember or say anything about it?