dad almost kills himself trying to save 3yr son

edited July 2012 in Current Events
my little sister works with the father at chilis and we lived on this same road when we were little.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/18/crews_battling_house.html#.UAevDwzxedh.facebook

Comments

• That's so sad.
  • :( that's so sad!
  • :'( just awful. That father is a hero in my book, although I'm sure he doesn't feel it now.
  • @starrxoxo9 i know this is so sad.
  • This is soooo sad:(
  • If anyone would like to donate to his family below is my sisters address and she can make sure it goes to the right place. Even a gift card or card would be ok. The four living children all need clothes and other things. He is a server so im sure anything would help.
    Suzanne richardson
    C/o donations for brians family
    1365 banbury ct
    Lakeland, fl 33809
  • This is heart breaking. I don't think he will ever get over this nor his guilt. Even though he is a hero, he will never see it that way.
  • Awh totally agree @captivated truly heart breaking
  • brought me to tears....just goes to show you what a father is willing to save his son
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my dear Lord... Poor man! Poor BABY! He tried though... thats more than some would do in that situation... some are to selfish. I hope he can forgive himself some day...
  • There's was a similar thing that happened here in February. 3 of the 6 children died in the fire. I almost cry everytime I drive past where that house was. people in the area set up a donation center at the Food Lion that is right near the house and some other people just built the rest of the family a new home. I can't imagine how it feels to lose a child but my heart goes out to that man and the boys siblings.
  • So sad
  • This is so sad :( They think the fire was caused by a faulty box fan that was by his room.