mucous plug

last night i went to labor and delivery because I was having contractions, turns out they sent me home because my dilation wasn't progressing. I was 2 cm and 60% efface as of last night. This morning I had some mucous with blood and was wondering if this was caused from being checked if i was dilated or if this could be my mucous plug. I'm 38 weeks by the way.

Comments

• I was just like this last monday exept I wasnt dilated at all. I had my daughter 7/17/12 :) I was 42weeks along. You still have a ways to go. You'll know when you can NO LONGER take the pain anymore. Dont I mean DONT rush in. ..
  • When i had my daughter last year my plug came out the night i was already admitted, i had her at 38 weeks and 3 days so she was before my due date
  • It could be from being checked or your plug. Hard to say exactly.
  • I don't think it was when they checked you. I think its the bloody show.
  • Every time I was checked I bled a little, but since your dilated to a 2, and with the contractions it could be your cervix is dilating more, and you lost your plug. Good Luck! I hope you get to see your baby soon if it was your plug coming out! :)
  • I bet it was your mucous plug. I was checked at 36- 38, 39 weeks and I never had any bleeding. But you know your body best!
  • Thanks ladies, i hope it was my plug too and i get to meet my princess soon!