business question help plz

So I have started sewing little outfits etc and people from out if town have seen my work and wanted to place orders. I always take a deposit of half now remainder due upon pick up so I don't lose a ton if I get "stood" up. What would y'all suggest is the best way to do this seeing as I will never see this person face to face to make sure I get all the money at the right times, they get their product, and not making them feel uncomfortable and trusting in the fact that I am a homebased business and am not out to scam them out of their money. Thanks in advance for advice (:

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Go through etsy (posting your work for sell &/or posting custom orders for a certain person) and use PayPal only for payment methods.
  • ^^^^Agreed also if u wanted post on ebay. You do not have to tell people ur home based either. If you want to do it seriously incorporate, all of ur office space, miles on ur car for supplies and a percentage of utilities would be deductible. Also child care (5000 I think have not had to use that deduction yet) and medical excpenses can be deducted. The kicker if incorporate you can take a tax free vacation as an annual corporate meeting every year.
  • Most times people are used to paying ahead for a product so most likely they wouldn't mind paying for it then you send it. Like mentioned above use eBay. On there you'd have to establish a good rating and people would see them and trust that you will send the product. Like any business its takes time to gain trust and loyalty with customers. But once they see you are legit it'll work out. Word of mouth will def help. Now your product seems custom. You should specify that with orders bc of it being unique to their order it could take a little longer bc of that. I've found if people know what's going on they don't mind waiting...so you could do an email progress of theIt. Like take pics send as you work etc. Hope it all goes well:)
  • Thank you all for your advice. Its greatly appreciated (:
  • U can use PayPal to get your money. Its fast easy and secure.