contractions

edited July 2012 in Labor
are they always painful until you cant bare them? this is my second pregnancy and with my first i remember going to the hospital but i went in having menstrual like cramps and i was 3cm they made me walk for 45 mins and i was at a 4 so they kept me. this time i went on Wednesday and was 2cm dilated and they monitored me and sent me home because i didnt dilate more. Now today for about 3 hours i have been having contractions about 5 to 7 mins apart but they arent that bad to where i cant talk through them. When would be a good time to go to L & D? i dont want to be sent home again.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I always heard when they are 3-4 minutes apart head to the hospital, but im not definite bc I had csections with both my boys and never went into labor.
  • ^^^ as above. I had them all night from 1am but didn't go in til 7am when they were really getting painful. I was then 7cm. Good luck xxx
  • @homebirthadvocate okay thank you i think thats what they told me when i was at the hospital. but with my daughter i never had them before until they had gave me pitocion. so i was not sure
  • @my2boys @cheryl74 okay thanks ladies. hopeing they get a little stronger so i can go in
  • If I wait until I can't walk or talk through them I'm about to have the baby, but that's just me. You'll know when it's time, it must be soon! Lol good luck!
  • 3-4 min apart and over 40 sec long is what I was told. Being its your second I've heard they come faster so I wouldn't wait that long. I'm a pain pussy tho I went to the hospital as soon as I could lol.
  • @wilsomom thats what i was thinking, im sure ill go before then im just waiting to see if they go away or get stronger
  • @babyluv8 they are over 40 seconds but im not in so much pain that i cant walk or talk, but if they do get stronger i will be going to the hospital since my hospital is about 45 mins away
  • Well when I was about to deliver my first, last August, my contractions weren't showing up so they put an internal monitor in and they were off the chart. And I wasn't to the point of not breathing. Now I have 16 days left until his due date and if I have more than the required amount per hour, I'm going in. Lol
  • @babycomingsoon143 yea with my first they were just like cramps, this time they are stronger but I dnt want to be sent home again.
  • Try squating in while u get the pains it will help u dilate :)
  • Not in sorry mistype
  • @salasmommy thanks I will try that.
  • @babycomingsoon143 do you have any signs,of labor?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat I know what you mean! My last one I went in & was barely in pain, nurses acted like they would send me home .. ("we'll see if you're in labor" blah, blah) ... I was 8cm. Needless to say they took me straight to a room! Lol
  • An hour later I was screaming though, lol, but not for long.
  • I have a good amount of contractions normally but I'm just praying I dilate. With Jemma, I was 41 weeks when I had her but I never dilated other than 1cm. Now last week,I was .5cm and 50% effaced so we're looking good. Lol :-) I want the same midwife for this baby that delivered Jemma and so I only have 1 week until she goes out of town to get 2cm and 30% more effaced so I can be induced August 1st when I'm39 weeks 3 days (can't induce until I'm 39 weeks). So I'm ready for the contractions and say bring on dilation!!! :-D
  • @babycomingsoon143 yes me too im ready. on friday i was at 1 cm then i went to the hospital on Wednesday and i was 2 cm and 60% effaced and this friday that just passed i was still the same. i have been having more contractions today so i hope they keep coming and get stronger. i want to go to the hospital but i do not want to be sent home, because idk if im dilating or not. with my daughter I dilated pretty fast,1-4 within hours. if not its okay i guess, ill be getting induced on friday in the morning.
  • How far along are you and are they inducing for a reason? I can't wait to see updates! :-) were you having major contractions from your appt to Wednesday or did the extra cm shock you? I'll be devastated if she can't deliver him. sigh..I get checkedTuesday and if no change,I still will have 7 more days to dilate and if I am, then I'll have 8 days til my induction. Pls pray I progress and I'll pray for you too. :-)
  • Dr said kuz im not gaining weight. No I was not having major contractions, but the ones now hurt way more. Ok ill pray for you :) im 38 weeks and 3 days
  • How are you feeling this morning?
  • @sands3 im feeling good. My contractions went away from yesterday I was hoping they would stay. Im hopeing today I get some more im crossing my fingers lol
  • Fingers crossed for you!
  • I cannnttt wait I've been watching ur post lol exciting
  • I cant wait either if she doesnt come this week im getting induced on friday :)
  • Ahhh she needs to stop being stubborn lol :)
  • Thats what im saying lol