Birthday party food ideas?!

edited July 2012 in Food
I'm planning the menu for my lo's 1st birthday party next weekend and I'm drawing blanks... Any suggestions? There will be other children and adults! Thank in advance!

Comments

• @mom2ing baked ziti is yummy but I would be a little too paranoid with kids and any type of sauce in my house I have white carpets and couches lol what kind of finger foods?! I always hear finger foods but don't really know what exactly what finger foods are:( I could do sandwiches but would that be too plain?
  • tamales with lettuce and salsa optional rice or beans.
    Mole
    Pollo en achiote

I dk if u know what any of this is I'm mexican and we make all the food for all our events although it is a pain -_-
  • Tacos bar? Different anyway. With like salsa guac and cheese dips with chips

Do you have a birthday theme?
  • @salasmommy I wish I could cook like that, unfortunately my gourmet meals consist of some kind of over cooked meat, mac and cheese and a can of green beans lmao. I need some cooking lessons!
  • I get a lot of my ideas for stuff on Pinterest
  • @mallory27 the theme is hot pink and zebra!
  • @mallory27 I requested an invite on there and still haven't gotten on so I can't save anything and I can never find it when I try to go back so I gave up on it lol
  • Ooh I see maybe you can get a lady to cook the food I know that some women cook meals for parties kind a like a catering service and they don't charge that much maybe ask around or go on craigslist.
  • I can invite you via email, then you casandra be a pinterester instantly!
  • We usually have a cookout and have hamburgers and hotdogs. This year wee had pulled pork. With potato salad or pasta salad.
  • For nicholas's we did chicken and pineapple kaboks and sweet and sour meatballs. Plus veggie and fruit tray.
  • Since you dont want to do sauce. Maybe do just heavy apps. Sams club has tons of frozen finger foods. Do mini sandwichs and fruit/veggie trays. And something else kinda small.
  • The Deli at my local grocery store does like chicken finger patters with fries and other kinds of appertiser type stuff
  • We did little sandwiches, pastries, croquetas, and chips as appetizers.
  • Good ol' HOT DOGS & those boxes that come with a variety of little bags of chips ;) kids love em & they're super easy! That's what I'm doing for my son's 1st bday in Sept.
  • & you can also do a fruit salad
  • edited July 2012
    If your worried about carpets I would totally do ham & turkey cheese sandwiches. Chips, Cheese tray? Veg/fruit tray?
  • For kids you could buy at walmart those sandwich cut things makes the sandwiches into dinosaurs or hearts I think? And get french bread for adult sandwiches? I don't think they would be to plain. You could make them fun!