switching to a sippy...

My son is 10 months, & I've been trying to get him off the bottle for almost a month now. It's SO hard! :( since he has 8 front teeth, i don't want to keep giving him the bottle b/c it'll mess up his teeth. During the day he drinks water out of a straw with his meals, but when he wants his bottle, HE WANTS HIS BOTTLE :O so today, i finally decided I'm taking him off of the bottle COMPLETELY. He was very very fussy, && clingy all day, will this get any better? Any tips out advice?

Comments

• It should get better once he get used to not having the bottle. I started Jack on a sippy at 6 months. He only gets a bottle early morning and before bed.
  • Try the sippy cup with the straws
  • We stopped bottles cold turkey this weekend... we did bottles at home (2) and sippies at daycare (3) all last week then friday went to 1 bottle then none this weekend. He likes sippies though. We have the nuby and munchkin 6oz that are soft tip with handles and he does great...
  • We just got rid ofthe pacifier cold turkey and the first night at Ned time was a little rough, after that he never cared or remembered. It does get better and easier, just don't give in. We are down to two bottles a day and will be all done with them in a month, but he likes sippy cups.