Don't know how much longer I can take this ***UPDATE AT BOTTOM***

edited July 2012 in Loss
So I'm basically just "waiting" to have my miscarriage. I already know that the pregnancy is not viable and will be ending in miscarriage, but I've yet to actually start the miscarriage process. No bleeding, nothing. I don't know how any person can go on like this carrying the baby just waiting for something to happen :-(( I've only known for 4 days now but if feels like A LIFETIME! Please, has anyone been through a miscarriage like this? How long before you started bleeding? I've read online that people usually go through the process within 1 week of the diagnosis but can take up to 3-4. Now really, that would be hell. This needs to be over :-((

Comments

• I'm so sorry my thoughts and prayers are with you. I haven't been through this but I hope it goes quickly for you. :(
  • I felt the same way, but mine only took 2 days. It's horrible knowing you're walking around with a dead baby inside you. :'(
    I'm sorry it's taking so long. You'll get more closure once it's over, I'm sure. Maybe try to stay busy so you don't have to think about it so much...easier said than done though. Hang in there. (((hugs)))
  • I went through this a few months ago. I had surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy and they couldny find it so they did a d&c. Two weeks later I found out I was still pregnant...in my uterus. I started bleeding and they said I was miscarrying it. Horrendous pain. Then the bleeding stopped and the pain continued. They said it was a missed miscarriage and to let it pass. The.pain continued and I was given a ton of pain meds for over two more weeks. Finally the pain was agonizing that I begged for a d&c. I had a laparoscopy and d&c AGAIN.

My experience with a missed miscarriage was terrible. My body would NOT let it go. That is very rare though and i would try to wait it out if possible, but I know how badly it can feel. I got to the point that i screamed at the OB, " how would you like to carry around a dead fetus in YOU for weeks with labor pain that wontbgo away?? This is disgusting and i want it out." She got pissed and left...

Stay strong. you can get through this!
  • Oh hun :( I'm so sorry.
  • it posted before I was done. I started bleeding immediately at 9 weeks passedclots and it didn't take days after 2weeks I went back to see if I needed a dnc and I had passed everything. I'm sorry I'm no help but you will get through it!!!
  • I don't have any advice either, but you're in my thoughts and prayers continuously. :-( Hold that baby girl extra tight and know that everything will be OK. Shout if you need someone to listen...hugs
  • Thanks guys.
  • How u feelin love
  • I'm sorry for what you're going through, hon. I've been there, twice. With both of my MCs, my body held onto the pregnancy for 10 and 11 weeks, respectively. I never had a baby, either...blighted ovums. I never knew anything was wrong with the second one until I had an ultrasound. My MCs never stared on their own. I had to have meds to start the process, and the second time I couldn't pass everything on my own, so I ended up with a D&C a month later. A lot of ways, if I had to again, I'd choose the D&C. It was fast and mostly painless after the procedure was done. The only down side was when TTC it took me 6 months to get pregnant again. Only you will know what is best for you. If you're going crazy waiting for something to happen though, call and talk to your doc. Your body could take weeks to pass it on its own. :( Again, I'm so, so sorry :(
  • @skysma this is just so depressing waiting for this. One minute I'm fine then the next I'm crying. It's hard to go to work and try to concentrate, I'm so distracted. I think I'll talk to my doc today about other options.....which they never mentioned to me, weird.

@RTMommy thank you so much for replying....this was exactly what I was wondering. So it took you WEEKS??!!! I just don't know if I can do that! I just wish the nurse would have told me that right away so I had some type of an idea....she just said "i'd be really surprised if you didn't start bleeding this weekend." Grrrr. How did the medication work? Did it start the process about right away? I've heard that it makes it more painful???? I just think it would be nice to get it over with. I guess I don't really want a D & C. I just think it's strange that my nurse never mentioned any of these options to me. I never even talked to my doctor, just the nurse. She was great, talked for like 20 minutes, but would have been nice to know that there are other options. I'm sorry that you had to go through this, especially TWICE! :-S
  • If u want to text me u can love just inbox me for number
  • I'm sorry your going through this, I can't even imagine the pain makes me soo sad to even think about it.
    @captivated I had no idea that was the whole story and you had to do it two times. I didn't know they made a mistake the first time now that I do I just wanted to say I Hope you're doing well now and it makes me mad they messed up so badly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, it took me weeks. My body just never got the memo. My doctor figured since I went 10-11 weeks without having the MC that I needed help from the meds. Technically it's cytotech (misoprostol). For me, it was 2 pills inserted vaginally as close to the cervix as possible. It took about 4 hours for the contractions and bleeding to start, but the first MC, I passed the bulk of the clots and everything after the first few contractions.
    With my second MC, the pills didn't work the first time...my OB was out of town and the on-call OB told me to just get a new rx and try again. That time worked, but I bled so horribly that I almost went to the hospital. I was more traumatized by the process that time. I ended up having retained tissue and still had to have the D&C.

If your body can do it on its own, I'm sure that would be the best way to go. If not, the pills worked great for me the first time...they may do the trick for you. And both times were painful, but my doc gave me some tylenol 3 for it. I hope I didn't freak you out with TMI, but those were my experiences. Let me know if you need anything. I'm sorry you have to go through this. :(
  • Finally things are starting to happen. Bleeding and cramping. This has been the longest week of my life. I'm sad and scared but thankful it's finally happening. :-(
  • I'm sorry, I know it sucks! Prayers for you... :(
  • Awh my thoughts r with u
  • I am so sorry. ::hugs:: sending good vibes your way!
  • My thoughts are with you. Hugs and prayers!
  • Hugs and prayers!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know how you feel...I went thru a missed miscarriage as well. I found out a couple days before my wedding. I planned this really fun Vegas wedding, but found out I was preggo about a month b4 the wedding. Even though I was a little bummed that I was gonna be preggo in Vegas we were really happy cuz we were ready to start our family.

I had my 8 week appt a day b4 we left for Vegas. There was no heartbeat & my levels dropped. I was devastated, doctor said I could start to miscarry at any time. I cried all night not knowing what to do, the wedding was two days away...everything was paid for, people were already on there way to Vegas.

So I decided to put on a happy face and get married. I sent a mass txt mess to everyone letting them know I wasn't pregnant anymore and asked that no one bring it up. I cried the whole ride to Vegas, but as soon as I got there I wiped my tears and decided I was going to enjoy my special day.

Thankfully I got thru the weekend without any bleeding or cramps. I managed to put it out of my mind...until the ride home...I cried the whole way back. A week later and still no sign of a miscarriage so I took the meds, and after the second time my miscarriage started.

I hope your not in too much physical pain (i know emotionally it is the worst). I hope it's goes smoothly...so sorry you have to go thru this.
  • @HomeBrithAdvocate I am doing okay, thank you! I've been bleeding now since Thursday night but the cramping only lasted a couple of hours and I have not had any more :-S so I'm not sure if that was it or if the worst is yet to come. I'm hanging in there though, thanks for thinking of me!

@2ndtimearound OMG that is horrible! I'm so sorry that you found out right before your wedding :-(( I can't even imagine how terrible that was! I'm sorry that you had to go through that! I'm glad that you were able to somewhat enjoy the weekend without any cramping anyways. No, no physical pain yet. So far it is not really what I was expecting, but maybe things haven't really "started" yet like I thought they had. We'll see. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • My esperiance with my 2 mc is the first I was prego with twins I had spotting from the first hpt. 3 weeks later dr said my levels were not rising so prepare. Right after getting this news and the hubby n I were leaving the ob parking lot to get on the main rd a pick up hit us doing 45mph. I ended up lossing the first twin that night pain started right after the accident I really didn't think it was from the mc since the car was pretty smashed I thought it was all from that. The 2nd twin I lost 3 weeks later, I came home from work early cause my back n side hurt so bad and as I sat in the bathtub baby #2 passed. I continued to bleed for about a month straight after all this and one it stoped af showed up 2 weeks later. My second mc was in may of this yr when at my first ob appointment ultrasound showed nothing but a sac "blighted ovum" I ended up starting to mc by that weekend had stoped taking progestrone and prometrium so body kinda new something was wrong and even though there really wasn't a baby baby the experiance was the same as before. I had bleeding for about 2 weeks when labor pain started I sad in the bathtub and just waited. 4 hrs for it to stop, the pain went away and I went down to just spotting but again I had this for a month. Got by first af since this happened on the 27 of june and she hung around till the 13 of july. So I called my ob who I see tomorrow. He had me do an ultrsound and they see a 4mm mass next to my left ovarie. He dosnt think its left over from my mc and my hcg levels are at 0. But he believes I have a cysts which I've had some before. I'm gonna try to get him to put me on metformin and clomid and see if that will help. I have pcos so a history of mc comes with the turff.
    The only advice I can give you is watch out for a fevor, foul vaginal discharge, pains that don't stop in ur back/side/uturas or if you bleed through more then an over night pad in an hr. Any of those go to the er don't wait, waiting to long could meen infection and weeks of antibiotics or worse fertility problems down the rd.
    If you need words of hope, a shoulder to cry on or just someone who will listen to fears or pain and grief inbox me. I've been through a lot this last year and as a proud angel mommy I find my strength to go on by helping others find hope. Xoxoxoxoxox prayers