Unsupportive husband

edited March 2011 in First Trimester
Do any of you have an unsupportive husband. I am pregnant with my 4th child 2 of which and this bean are my husbands. He said he doesn't want another child and that I'm ruining his life. I'm not ruining anything. I am the one who makes all the money keeps the house going and takes care of the kids so how am I ruining his life? He is driving me nuts and has been so rude since I told him I was pregnant. Anyone else in this situation?

Comments

• Forgive me for being blunt, but that doesn't sound like much of a man or husband. He shouldn't have had sex with you if he did not want more children. Bottom line. It takes two...
  • yicks he sounds like a looser! I hope you have family and close friends for support
    ((hugs))
  • my honey doesnt want our 3rd but i know he will... its not like we did this on our own not to mntion ive ben on bc to try and prevent it.. good luck.. sorry he fails to realise he has a part in it instead of blaming you
  • My bf is not exactly saying I ruined his life. He just says nothing. I am 8 wks and 2 days pregnant with his child. I already have two girls and he has one boy and one girl which live with us. He has been quiet about the pregnancy and doesn't want to tell anyone. Well I recently sent him a text to not make plans or have any visitors, that I needed to talk about it. After like 3 hours he sent me a text saying he doesn't like talking. He said he didn't want another baby. That he is too old and has no energy. He also said he didn't think it would be good for other children. I am like what the.... ? Isn't it going to be apart of their family too?!
  • if anything it will bring you all together... i think men dont become fathers till the babies come while we become parents before theyee born... try not mentioning it till he says something.. he just needs time to ohsorb it.. and when he does come around he will say somthing thats more positive
  • Am sry u goin through this. Just give him time to adjust. Maybe once he sees the baby he will change his mind.
  • I am hoping he will change his mind if not hes out the door. I have been a single mom before and aint afraid to do it again.
  • Hats off to you, you seem like a very strong woman. If that is how he is going to talk to you then you should not be with him.
  • It is hard. I am so excited and it kinda hurts to feel like he isn't. And lately a few family members have commented on my weight gain. And the children see me get sick. His daughter asked me two days ago if I have morning sickness! I felt bad lying so I blew it off and changed the subject.
  • i havent annousned the pregnancy either... ive.told my close freinds, my mom and my sister... just so i have someone to alk about with.. they give me encouragement... and im aloud to express some excitent about it... and my lil sis is an inspiration to me... i know if she can do it... so can i... its nice to have someone you know to talk to

• Wow! I feel a little better. By bf just came up to me out of the blue while I was watching t.v. and asked me if I told anyone. After I told him no he said that we should tell the kids first! I was taken so far off guard that I didn't know if that is what I just heard was actually real. But then he kept on with the conversation! Man....I was excited to just talk about it non the less find out he is ready to announce it!
  • @lea3 you we're sooooo right! :D
  • thanks... i know my honey was the same way with the 2nd and now the third... but yesturday he was talking positivly about the new baby so im also feeling better about the outcome as well... i feel like i can start being excited about it now that i know i have his support... :0)
  • my husband said thay wirth our second and 3rd also claimed they aren't his, like I can be bothered finding another guy ones bad enough we barely have sex as it is. I think hes over it, knows I asn 6oing 2yo have what I want n I want 3 kids I'm havin 3, I look after them n he works, easy, we survive pretty comfortably :)
  • My husband is warming up to the idea last night he put he his on my belly
  • Im a 23 years old mother and prego of my 2 child my husband is 47; and he already have 3 childs. He told me he dont wanted a baby because he think is too old, but when we find out im pregnant he start to jumping like a Boy. lol. But if he were told me that things them i dont mees with someone like that. I was a single mom at 19 and i did it right. So send him right to the hell [-X
  • being a single mom over this common issue would be selfish... of me ive been with my man ten esrs and after all weve been through i know this is just another rhing that will make us stronger...i felt the same way he did beforw i found out i was preg..
    so i cant hold it against him.. i just have to let him obsorb the shock... wich hes doing... as long as he doesnt say anything mean im fine w him beingrvouse.. hes the providr for our family and is contenplaining getinh a sec job..
  • I totally feel for you. Seems a lot of us have found the stupid breed of men and are stuck with them. Drives me crazy dealing with my bd. He is such a moron. What helped me laugh today is this short simple prayer. Dear lord, please give me wisdom to understand my man, love to forgive him, and patience for his moods, because lord, if I pray for strength...i'll beat him to death. Amen.
  • I think a lot of men tend too freak out at first ... I know mine did! He was a hot mess. But later warmed up too the idea. Once he laid eyes on her in delivery it was a rap! That's been daddy's girl ever since. I'm now pregnant with our 2nd baby ... he couldn't be more excited. Hoping for a boy (: So I would give him a little time. Hell come around soon. Besos!
  • My situation is i have a 3 yr old boy by my ex well we have been living together as friends raising our son and fooling around well now I'm 5wks and 3days preg and he says he doesn't want it. Told him if he wanted an abortion he would have to pay dor it. Knowing he couldnt come up with the money. I'm excited bc i have always wanted a second for my son. But stressed about the situation but trying to stay strong. I invite him to appointment his choice if he wants to go.
  • My situation is i have a 3 yr old boy by my ex well we have been living together as friends raising our son and fooling around well now I'm 5wks and 3days preg and he says he doesn't want it. Told him if he wanted an abortion he would have to pay dor it. Knowing he couldnt come up with the money. I'm excited bc i have always wanted a second for my son. But stressed about the situation but trying to stay strong. I invite him to appointment his choice if he wants to go.
  • My boyfriend chooses to pretend like it's not real and ignore it. No conversation about the baby. Its my fourth and his first. Im 15 wks and its becoming obvious. He doesn't want anyone to know. He is freaking out and keeping me from getting excited about the baby.
  • Well they will soon realize its real
  • I plan on just going to doctors and stuff on my own. Soon enough everyone will kme and then i will tell his mother everything and she will make him be a part of it
  • He needs to realize that he is part of thos coming baby's life wether he likes it or not.....my hubby was against my daughter bfore I had her...but since she came to this world, je just adores her, and now we r having another girl soon, at first he was against it but now hes actually excited.....i didnt talk to him r anything..i think he realized its happening anyway, like it r not.......good luck, hope it alll works out soon!!!!
  • Is ditch him. Sounds pretty darn useless to me, and remind him u didn't conceive all alone.