ok im a little worry bc im losing weight

Since the begining of this pregnacy im.losing weight and im 17 wks and im wrry bc for my first it wasnt like this and my doc says is ok that this happend for the first wks but i dont know :(

How many of you experince this?? im so worry for my baby

Comments

• How much weight? And it is normal. Just make sure you keep up with your nutritional intake!
  • i was 118lb when i started and now im 113lb :/
  • Oh yeah! That's no big deal at all. Very normal. Talk to your doctor again?
  • Yes i have an appoinment in august 7 but in the last one she told that it was ok but i dont really like bc everybody is telling me that im so skinny bc when i finish my firat pregnacy i was in 130lb and the nutritionist told to lost weight bc im jut 5'1" so i lost 5lb so i was in 120lb and i look great but now im so skinny :(
  • Weight gain is no indicator of baby being healthy and/or gaining weight :) so long as you are eating healthy enough and frequent enough baby is fine!

My best friend lost 30 lbs during her pregnancy. She just gave birth to a healthy six pound boy!
  • I lost like 6 lbs right away....it was because I was so much more aware of what I was eating and was eating healthier for a healthy baby :) Could that be it? Are you eating differently? Either way, no biggy, happens a lot.
  • edited July 2012
    That's normal I lost 30 pounds, because of that much the drs did some looking into it, but it was all ok. I was scared too, I'm not skin a bones, but I also didn't have a lot of extra weight to lose either. I just had a healthy 7pound 2 oz baby girl 3.5 months ago
  • @captivated thanks im eating everything this is why im so worry bc i eat like a pig lol
  • @baileygoose @Heather3rdgirl thank you. my mom and my sister are telling me to calm down bc is normal and my.mom told me that she just gain like 7 lb for my pregnacy
  • Don't worry I lost total like 13 lbs the first semester I'm 21wks+ and I barely gained 2lbs back out of those 13 I lost so I'm still 11 pounds lighter the baby is great it and I ate like a pig too! Lol
  • I have lost weight with every preg. Its a great diet plan for me. Lol
  • I lost weight the first 5 months wit 2 of my kids cuz of being so sick the first the time i lost so much they put me on the ensure drinks but everything was fine don't worry baby will be fine
  • Thank you ladys
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes!! I have to do cedentary things for the high risk but i trying to eat the best that i can and walking....but i hope this change soon but thank u all for the advices
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    It is normal in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. Your body is redistributing its caloric need to support the growing fetus. A physician/midwife would have said something if they were concerned. You may start to see weight gain in the coming weeks. Just make sure you are eating and taking your prenatal vitamin.

On last thought, are you more active this pregnancy? If so make sure you stay hydrated and are consuming the extra (approximately) 350 - 500 calories/day to support a healthy pregnancy. If you are more active and are not upping your nutritional need, your body will provide the necessary nutrients (i.e. Calcium from bones, protein from muscle etc.). So you want to avoid losing muscle, therefore its important to eat a wholesome variety of foods.
  • Yes im more active this one bc foe the first they send me to bed rest and for this one i still working
  • I lost over 3 stone while pregnant as had really bad sickness and was fine :) gave birth to a healthy 6.14 baby :) dw about it if midwifes ok :) xx