single..pregnant..scared to death

edited March 2011 in Single moms
I need help. I'm so scared. I always dreamed of having that perfect family n being married. None of the above happened. My bd hasn't spoken to me n two weeks because he says its to much to deal with right now n my friends are all happily married with kids. I have no one to relate to. I feel all alone.

Comments

• See if there is a support group near u. Sometimes its better to be on ur own. Good luck and stay positive!
  • I was a single mom with my oldest child and honestly I wouldn't have had it any other way. It made me so strong and independent and me and my daughter have an unbreakable bond. It can be hard at times but always worth it. I am now married but I really do miss the days of being a single mom. Maybe bd will grow up. Mine did but it took him years. Actually until my daughter was 4.
  • I am a single mother also. I haf my duaghter when I was 16. Shes 7 now and I always say that I love being a single mom! It wad a decision I had to make to make me an her life better. It does get hard sumtimes but u will make it through.
  • I just don't understand y this happened. Ive never been a person n I feel like it shouldn't of happened like this to me. I can't handle it. Its like a rollercoaster that never ends
  • I felt like that too, but it does get better in time. Keep ur faith and continue to pray. Remember, u are not alone...
  • @mom2b91211 where are you from?
  • That's why were here! You are not alone darling! I am in the same shoes you are and yes- it is agonizing and scary BUT we can do it! See if they have a pregnancy resource center where you are and get some counseling. I finally am tomorrow. AND whatever you do- DO NOT fall into the trap of worrying about what others will think, don't even think for a second you are any less good of a person, and don't compare your life to your married friends lives. Your life is yours and will be whatever you make of it and you will be a great mommy who is dearly loved. Someday, hopefully you'll find that prince but for now you (we) must be strong and still be happy about the incredible joy that is about to come into our lives. You can do it and you will do just fine!
  • Wish I'd have joined this discussion earlier...but was too down to pick my head up! It's terrible to not even be able to seek the help you need. I even feel bad about feeling bad. I don't want this baby to feel all the grief I am.
  • Im 5mths preg, single my bby dad left me when I was 5weeks preg 4sumone else. Im alone sad alot but in the end its worth it. Yur going to have a beautiful bby
  • Thanks guys. I'm from Maryland. N my bd left because he said it was to much to handle.lol funny how they can just leave. But I've been talking to alot of people n they just remind me how ill never miss an ultrasound or doctors visit. N the bd will. N once its past...u can't go back to it. I know I will get past this in time but right now its just really hard.
  • Just remember you are a very powerful woman and you aren't going through this alone, your baby is right there with you.
  • Where at in Maryland?
  • Southern MD. U from around here?
  • Being alone is scary.. I'm 7 weeks along and my bd wants nothing to do with me until he finds out its his... he will lose out on all the drs apts and the baby kicks etc. That's a guys choice tho we need to relaize we gotta baby in our bellies n we gotta be as happy as we can and enjoy the pregnancy because eveythin happens for a reason
  • Was a single mom off and on for 10 years and 2 kids later and struggle and stumbling I have finally found or created my perfect family. At least perfect in my mind. Rest assure its scary at first but someday you will have your perfect family! Keep strong and have faith!
  • It will be scary
    My mommy had me at 15 and was single
    then my sister at 18 still single
    then my bro at 211 and has been single for a long time..
    Being strong... it will be okay
    if my Mommy can graduate high school with 2 kids and be single... I know u can do it(:
    Its hard and u will have struggles...
    We here are to support u(: