views on diff age gaps :)

edited July 2012 in Ages & Stages
I have 2 gawjuss lil princesses georgia who wasent planned at 16 but still very loved who's now 5 and savannah who's near 6 months so this is a big age gap now we want another buba but I don't want a huge age gap as I like them to be closer and I don't want to be doing school run forever personally while I'm young I want to have my kids and enjoy them then when all in school I can work all the hours under the sun etc but hubbys abit 50/50 about it just want to hear your storys/views which has been easyer for u a larger or shorter age gap :) xx

Comments

• Am 21 pregnant with first and a don't want anymore right now but....there is a 13 years between me and my brother he is 8 and I love him so so much we get on like a house on fire, I have a big sis who is 23 we do not get on. If I decide to have another it would be for a while.
  • I have a 19, 10, 8 and 1 year old. My life change of events are the reason why mine are gaped like this.

I'm glad my 8 and 10 were born close together... It was hard then when they were babies but now in grade school it makes like so easy. My 19 year old plays momma but she also rechs havoc because of the age gap. She can't relate sometimes or she does things that are only appropriate her age group.

Having Haylee now and 7 years after everyone everyone can enjoy her.

• My boys are three years and and ten days apart and if I had to do it over again I would have done it back to back. They get along and play good but I think it would be fun for them and we could do more if they were like two and three years old instead of 10 months and almost four.
  • Mine are 3 1/2 yrs apart. I didn't want my kids too close in age. The 3 yrs is perfect for me!
  • My babies are 9 months and just turned 3and I have found it to be a perfect age gap. My 3yo loves his baby sister and is old enough to help out with little things. I also found it good because just as baby was born my son was old enough to be interested in toilet training so only 1 in nappies.
  • I have an 8 yr old (we tried for about 3 yrs for another) but it took awhile...the second is two...the third is 3 mos. The age gap with the 8 and 2 yr old does get in the way at times. My daughter is into being in her room and drawing...the two yr old gets into her stuff she gets mad. They do have moments tho that they play together. So, its hard sometimes bc I need to tend to the baby and the two yr old wants attention bc sis isn't playing with him. But I do know once the 3 month old gets a little older it'll be better bc the two boys can play:)
    My parents have five of us.. I'm 19 months from my older sis, then two sisters younger one 3 years younger, the other 6 years younger, then my bro is 12 years younger than me. I get/got along great with the older sis. Even to this day...but the other two kinda stick together. Even now I hang more with my older sis. My bro of course I was like his second mom bc I was 12 when he was born so hewas like my live babydoll. Lol. Now tho we get along we hang out sometimes...he helps fix my car if needed...he is a good kid. But like I said I'm closer to the sis that is closer in age.
  • I am preg. with my first but me and my brother are 2 years apart and it is great We get along really well sibling spats are normal but other than that we are close :)
  • Ty all :) its so interesting to see all views and helps me and my sis don't really bond much and where 3 years apart so I'm hoping georgia and savannah aren't like that atm georgia loves helping and is in school which means I get one on one time but I don't want to wait 5 years to have that again but I've seen how hard is for some to have 2 close together xx
  • I have an almost 1 year old a 2 year old and a 3 year old and I love it ya they fight but ooh well it thinks the best my sis is 6 years older than me my 2nd bro is 8 years older than me and my other bro is 9 years older than me and I hate it wish we were closer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • my baby is 6 no other kids/-- i hate being the only child he's always too lonely..we've been ttc for over 5 yrs..i would love to have kids close in age
  • My twins will be 16the months when my son is born, and that's how far apart my husband and his brother are, and my mil said it was great!
  • Ty all :) not as nervous about closer gap now :) xx
  • My boy is ten, my girl is 9 months. I wouldnt have waited such a long time but its just how my life turned out and its turned out great as my ten year old dotes on the baby and is a HUGE help with her. Were TTC number 3 now so hopefully soon il have 2 under 2.
  • My babies will be 20 months apart and I think they will be fairly close brothers. My oldest sister is 3yrs older than me and my baby sister is 3years younger than me I think being in the middle made me close to both of them. My little brothers are 5 and 3 so I'm older 15 years than one and 17 with the other but I love them to death we r too old to fight with them we just spoil them :)