Sudden, swollen hand

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
I'm 34+2, and some time in between 4:30am and now(it's almost 9am), my right hand swelled up. It's tight, and twice the size as my left one. My face isn't swollen, not is my feet or ankles. I don't know what to do about this. =/ I read that it was a sign of pre-e. Help!

Comments

• It can be. Can you run out to the drugstore and check your blood pressure?
  • @ourlittlenugget our cars at the mechanic being fixed..so I don't have a way to get there. My arm feels tight too? I guess.if it keeps up, or my other hand swells I'll call my mom and have her just take me to l&d. Do you think they'd go ahead and induce me if it is pre-e?
  • Ugh, this sucks...especially since I canceled care with my old midwife, and am still trying to find a new one. =/
  • They won't always induce with pre e. There are meds that can be given to try to hold off for a week or two. It depends on the severity, they will induce right away to avoid it turning into eclampsia. Definitely call your doctor.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate should I call the lady that was caring for me before I canceled care? Or just go to l&d? When I went last week for decreased fetal movement they told me I shouldn't of went there because my previous midwife wasn't associated with them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate I will do that if I notice anymore swelling. It went away after I fed my son, so I'm hoping I just was sleeping on my hand/arm wrong, and that caused the swelling. My feet were puffy too I noticed. Thanks for telling me that..the l&d nurse seemed really pissed off that I was there even though I explained to her my previous midwife didn't go to any hospital to deliver; only at her facility.
  • Still doing OK?
  • @ourlittlenugget yes! Thank you for checking :) the swelling went down after an hour or so, and then my foot got puffy on the same side, and went away. No more swelling anymore! :)
  • Oh good! :-) I was concerned for you this morning!
  • Jenn McCann wanted me to tell u tht she had tht with both her pregancies and it turned out to be carpal tunnel of pregnancy.