chemo setback number 1

Well have had the first setback and have been in hospital since yesterday afternoon now. I have been having a high fever and had to be admitted for iv antibiotics etc. They decided this morning to do a blood transfusion so won't get released until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Am feeling OK now as went in to hospital early on. Yeah I finally admitted I'm vulnerable lol.

Comments

• I've been keeping up with what's going on with you, I wish you the best and really hope you go home soon!! Keep us updated!
  • I hope you get better soon. Being vulnerable can be humbling... it makes you grow as a person. I hope your wife is there for you during this time, maybe it will bring you closer together. Prayers for you :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hang in there. Prayers for u!!!!
  • Hardest part is not being able to be near the kids at the moment as 2 of them are sick and I ended up sick from the baby. Will get there though I'm sure.
  • Oh no :-( I bet you are missing them! I had a hip replacement just after Leo turned one and was in the hospital Wed to Monday. Could only see Leo for a couple of hours a day, it was so hard! Hope you are feeling better soon, the transfusion will make a big difference!
  • Just wanted to see how you are doing
  • @MorgDeeBee yeah not too bad. Ended up in hospital until Monday night and just finished my 3rd chemo session about an hour ago. Am tired as anything lol.
  • Hope u and u family getting well
  • @Roxy kids are getting better lol thanks
  • How r u feeling? How have things been going?
  • Hang in there man. You still seem pretty positive which can make all the difference in the world. If you change your mind about those special brownies...let me know. Lol. I'm making some for my friend in chemo today!
  • Hope you and the kids feel better soon
  • @mommyof3girls things are just about the same but did have 4 days of boredom stuck in hospital. Have been feeling pretty good though as the nausea is pretty much under control now. Still have no appetite and losing a fair amount of weight a week lol. Also starting to lose a fair amount of hair but oh well.
  • Hang in there hun prayers for you :)
  • Only one more round of chemo, right? U can do it! Ur doing a good job. Hang in there. Sorry to hear about all the crummy crap that goes along w the treatment. Keep ur head up. It will get better.
  • I'm so sorry your having to go through this! My sister in law was also hospitalized over the weekend due to her chemo making her so sick. She has stage 4 ovarian cancer
  • @mommyof3girls one more round before review and if working then another 4 rounds. So about half way through.
    @Lacy809 sorry to hear that. It really does suck.
  • Glad you are doing better! Hadn't seen ya post in few days so thought I'd check on ya. Hopefully after the review you'll be done with chemo!
  • That's not fun :(.. I really hope that all of this your going through is worth it. I wish you the best as you get tested soon I hope it's working that way u can be back soon. Also hope you're feeling a lot better!
  • @jules thanks. Yeah not too bad just really tired now so that is main struggle and most food tastes disgusting lol.
  • My grandfather had chemo a few times but still couldn't remove his tumor so they had to remove his bladder =((

Hope everything turns out for the greatest, I know it's a rough roller coaster experience... How are things with the wife?
  • Been wondering how you been doing! Glad to see you are out and doing better! I'm sure you can pull off the hair free look, men are pretty lucky that way! Has the weight loss slowed, I know they were worried you were losing too much? And how are your beautiful babies doing? Bet they are glad to have you home again! X
  • @littlenat86 I have lost about 18kgs since original operation so about 4 weeks ago. Kids are doing good bub has been slowly getting better and just waiting on results for his liver blood tests to come back from doctors.

@AishaMusa so far they are pretty happy with progress but I have a scan in 6 days I think it is to see what has happened so far. If not enough response they will start radiation therapy along with upping chemo treatment. Things with the wife are pretty much the same lol. I have been absolutely wiped out though so too tired to argue. I know its taking its toll on her to because I can't even manage much to help her around the house or with the kids.
  • Wow that's a lot of weight! Glad they are good and I'm sure little bub's tests will all be fine! X
  • @littlenat86 yeah the weight isn't to major as I need to lose it anyway lol. Just had results for our bubs blood tests and they asked us to book in for another doctors appointment to discuss somethings and see where to go from there. I was already struggling emotionally today and now I'm a wreck. They told me that if it was important then they would get us straight back in but not to worry. Um hello who won't worry with what they are testing for.
  • What have they tested for? I'm sure they would have you straight in with him if it was something major, try not to panic. Know exactly how you are feeling with this one, my little man is now under Great Ormond St in London for a kidney/urinary tract problem and its the worst thing having your child go through somethig, without the added stress of what you are going through. This is a major test for you at the moment but you will get through it. Sending a big hug as it sounds like you need it x
  • @littlenat86 just had doctor ring back. He has abnormal shaped red blood cells and also count is low I think. He has also just come home with a high fever again and only had 1 bottle all day. I am trying not to stress but I am not sure I can keep going anymore.

They have basically said it could be anything. His iron levels are good and his ferritin levels are good so they don't think anemia but are concerned as he has been sick since may 17th.
  • Oh man :-( just had a quick look on Google, a lot of the things point to a deficiency in either b12 or folic acid, possibly something in which the spleen attacks the blood cells so treatment would be to remove the spleen. All things I saw (I only had a very quick look) were treatable and he will be fine! Poor little man, lots of cuddles with him today, I think you both need them! Keep going, you are strong and will beat this, all this! Your little one won't give up so don't you dare!
  • I wonder why the food tastes nasty.... But did they say that after time you get little used to it, or is it always likes? when do u get tested again to see the progress? I hope it's soon and they have great news for you :)