The Nazis got executed for the same kind of atrocities that YOUR taxpayer dollars are paying for now

edited July 2012 in Current Events
Horror Hospital: The Most Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rebeccaelliott/horror-hospital-the-most-shocking-photos-and-test?mrefid=twitter

GRAPHIC

This is utterly disgusting. I cannot imagine treating patients like this, let alone stand by and keep my mouth shut about what's going on. What happened to these doctor's oaths to "Do No Harm"? What the HELL were the corpsman and nurses doing? I am astonished.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Wow...I'm speechless. Especially since I'm a military medic myself. I'm sure the corpsmen and nurses knew(or I would like to think that anyways) that it was wrong but I'm sure it was the whole "I'm over ranking you. You try to say something about it" kind of thing. And considering it was an afganahstan hospital they figured "how can anyone ever find this out"??
  • I see where you're coming from, but as a veteran myself, you have an obligation to obey lawful orders...not unlawful orders. If I was working in that facility, I would have raised absolute hell and went everywhere until someone listened to me. OR taken pictures of this atrocity and anonymously sent it to every journalist I could find.

Don't forget, the Nazis were only "following orders" as well. If you can see this and have no difficulty turning a blind eye, you deserve as much punishment as any other involved.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kayleigh27, there's no way they did not know. Dressings not being changed in over a week when they should be done daily and/or more than once daily? Maggots growing out of wounds? Ugh.

Also, this is a 500 bed facility only at 250 capacity. They have half less patients than it is made for, so they can't even use the understaffed ratio excuse.

@homebirthadvocate, my thoughts exactly.
  • @captivated, can you tell me a little about the Military Whistleblower Protection Act, please?
  • @mijita, The Whistleblower Protection Act "protects" military members from retaliation against them from their superiors for "blowing the whistle" on things that are illegal, against regulations, etc. However, they MUST report these things to officials...not the press and other media sources, such as the Inspector General or a member of congress.

In reality, these people are likely 'in' on the majority of wrongdoings and unlawful orders. We all know our government is corrupt. This act supposedly protects servicemembers from retaliation from others in their chain of command, but that's just unlikely to happen.
  • @captivated, thank you. Don't most whistleblower end up ”relieved” of duty anyways? Strange double standards to this act. Doesn't seem that it really serves a purpose, except as a scapegoat for following command.
  • No, they don't always get discharged. The whistleblower here is getting tons of positive feedback.

And the military is full of double standards. It is against the UCMJ for military members to attend the gay pride parade in uniform, but they are aloud to break this code now. However, military members that join political tea party pages on facebook are dishonorably discharged. @mijita
  • Allowed. Geez auto correct
  • @captivated, oh wow! It's no wonder I stray from politics, lol. Too many loopholes.
  • Lol! But it is that mentality of most people that has caused how our country is going. Government oversteps etc.
  • I am sitting here in tears...how could anyone treat another human being with such disrespect and neglect...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    I cant believe so many people can just let that happen. Its disgusting. I hope they get what they deserve. Thats just wrong. If your not going to do your job then change your profession.