tramatic birth stories... (maybe not for everyone)

edited July 2012 in Birth Stories
Probably isnt for everyone to read these kind of stories... However, they do happen. I had a VERY tramatic birth experience with my first. I know im NOT alone. Thought maybe we could share our stories. ;)
Dont read if ur worried aboutbgiving birth.

Very long..

My first daughter was one week late. I was in labor for a full 24 hours. I got an epidural at about 9am. Was time to push around 11pm that night. I layed it bed all day with the epidural in. Once i was 10cm they turned the epidural off and took it out. I pushed for over two hours before she came out. I had a room FULL of nurses and doctors. Kinda freaked me out. Not sure why there was so many. Finally the doc said i was ripping so he wanted to do a episiotomy (sp?). Baby came out healthy they did what they had to do w her and gave her back to me, stitched me up and left the room. Family came in to c me and baby for two hours. She was 9lbs 8oz btw. After family left a nurse came in to help me get cleaned up and in the shower. I heard u bled alot after birth, while family was visiting i could feel blood coming out of me. Didnt think twice about it because i thought it was normal. Nurse stood me up and blood gushed out all over the floor. I freaked out. Asked her if it was normal and she said "well, sometimes". She sat me on the toilet and i told her i felt like i was going to vomit or pass out. I passed out right after i said it. I woke up to 4 nurses putting me back in the bed. I just continued to pass in and out. I started passing very, very large clots. Doc came in and stiched up some tares he must have missed. He left. I was ok for about a half hour then i passed out again. Woke up to a room full of docs and nurses working down on my vagina and a woman trying her hardest to start an iv. They could not start an iv. They did a d&c and stiched up anything they hadnt already stiched. Worst pain of my life. They gave me shots of pain meds but nothing was working. I was crying out for my baby because at that time i couldnt remember giving birth. I had no idea of where i was or what was happening. They found my bladder was totally full. I layed in bed all day w an epidural and NO cathiter (sp?) They FORGOT to put one in! A surgeon was called in and he told me If this didnt stop the bleeding they were going to have to remove my uterus. I was only 22 at the time. My blood pressure was almost gone and my body temp at 94 degrees and falling. I had just had my first baby and i almost died because someone forgot to put a cathiter in when i got the epidural. I went on to getting 4 units of blood and a week stay in the hospital. I had too many tares they lost track. I also had a very large hematoma (sp?) They literally had to force shove a cathiter in me to empty my very full bladder. I did have a "near death experience" but have never shared it. I know some people do not believe they actally happen... But i do. This experience haunts me to this day. My doctor told me i have/had so much scaring inside me that i may never have anymore kids. I did get pregnant 11 months later and lost that precious baby at almost 11 weeks preg. I have had 2 other kids since. My second and third births were flawless besides having an epidural headache after my second was born. So dont ever let a bad eexperience scare u. I later found out that while drs were trying to fix me up that the word got out (small town) and early morning bible studies were paying for me all over town. As a christian i know God heard those prayers.

Be aware and educate ur self as much as u can before giving birth and chosing to use some aort of pain management.

Sorry this was so long but it was on my mind today 7 /2 years later.

Please SHARE ur tramatic births...

Ps. I hope no one gets upset over a negative post but its part of pregnancy and labor. And its very helpful sometimes to share ur story. ;)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omg I'm not alone! This SAME THING happened to me, but two freaking weeks after I delivered. I hemorrhaged so bad I lost about 3 liters of blood and my husband thought I was dead. So did my mom. Took meds and a transfusion to fix me, and I woke up in the hospital after whatI I'm told was a traumatic attempt toto get hme out of our apartment. I was so scared. I was terrified to get pregnant ever again!