Question about Twin detection.....

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
So who has had twins or is pregnant with twins? I was just wondering how far along in your pregnancy you found out you were having more than one baby.

The last ultrasound I had was at 8wks...they said only one baby..but i've heard many times of one being behind the other and them not finding out until later. I have an ultrasound on the 25th....I've gone in twice for them to just hear the heartbeat on the doppler..(they don't ever spend much time doing that) Has anyone ever ended up with twins when in the beginning they were told it was only 1?

Comments

• are there any mommies of twins out there? :(
  • My councler at my dr said her twins weren't discovered until 23 weeks
  • oh good theres still hope! yah!
  • I was about 12 weeks when I had my fist ultra sound and to my surprise two two babies!
  • My coworker found out they were having twins at the 8 week apt. Rare, but they can be missed. Just depends on the time spent and the skills of the ut tech
  • I was 8 weeks when I found out. It was my hubby's birthday! :)
  • i was 5 mths b4 i found out
  • i was 7 weeks and having faternal twins
  • Was any one showing a lot? I am 17w and 5d and I feel like I have a belly of six moths.. could I have twins?:)
  • I was almost 5 months before I found out, that's when I really started showing & the Dr said that they finally had room to move around so that's how they found them. I was barely 100 lbs when I got preggo with them.
  • Aww. That's so cute. What are you having?
  • I found out @ 8wks. When she did the reg. U/s she saw just 1, then when she did it vaginal she seen the other. Im really showing n it never crossed my mind that it was 2
  • Hahaha, my first pregnancy was twins. They are blond hair & blued identical little men now, they will be 10 in Aug. I'm only 16 weeks preg this time, & it better be a girl, I'm incredibly outnumbered! :)
  • I have my second ultrasound on the 22nd. Let's see what they tell me.