any one have/had the bc paragard

Im really scared of iuds but i really need a birth control an the ones wit harmones make me absolutly crazy! any one have any advice or experience on this? ?

Comments

• ive had it twice, no problems, but the most recent one has made my periods a little heavier. Other than that, its great.
  • edited July 2012
    Iol I just posted about this BC. I got mine placed on the 18th. I like it alot. I have kids but both of mine are C sections and they told me that it would hurt worse since my "cervix wasn't open from a vaginal birth" and that I would need to be on my cycle. (which I wasn't)But all I felt was just strong period cramps. The worse parts is when they clamped my cervix to bring it down and then when they measured my uterus. They had no difficulty at all placing it. I was told to take 800mg of motrin the night prior and then 800mg of motrin prior to getting it placed. I spotted for 3 days afterwards. It does give you a "copper" smell down there for the first couple of days but its not too strong that others can smell it. At least thats what my husband said lol. But so far so good I like it.

p.s. I read on a pregnancy site to take Vitamin E to help with spotting so you won't spot as long. And to take it a few days before you should start your period and while you're on your period so it won't be as heavy or as long =)
  • @JoshnEviesmum @kayleigh27(i seen that lol im stalking ur post to!) o thats great! I always hear bad stories about them im scared of them comn out of place my friend had the mirena an it attached to her uterine wall i been scared every since
  • i guess its one of those 'could happen but extremely rare' things. I had my first 1 in for over 4 years and no problems, and this one since December. Id definitely recommend it!
  • @JoshnEviesmum wow thats great i wuld really love sumthn wit no harmones so u didnt have any side effects except heavy periods?
  • Nope, no side effects @ all. Thats why I like it coz when I was on depo and the mini pill they really messed me up. And, to be fair, my periods have always been kinda heavy, so its not a massive increase.
  • Yeah there's all sorts of horror stories online so be carful what you read. Two of my friends had problems. One got lodged in a fallopian tube and the other ones fell out. But its not like that for everyone. I'm just glad we found something that has worked so far since hormones kill me and we would like to have more kids one day :)
  • @kayleigh27 o wow thats scary! I jus tex my friend about hers she sed she had to have it surgically removed eeek! Gona ask my dr wat she thinks but its really awesome its working for u i hope im that lucky harmones mess me up to.
  • Yeah it happens but luckliy not very often! lol Yeah I was on the lowest dose of BC and I got terrible daily migraines and got super depressive and gained all sorts of weight (even though I was excercising more during that time and eating super healthy!) My mom has the same problem with horomones too so I wonder if my daughter will have trouble with BC. I did try foam for a SHORT while and hated it, it felt awful during sex lol! And my husband and I are not a fan of condoms so the paragard was the only way..other than sterialization of course, but I'm not ready for that yet
  • @kayleigh27 yea i hate condoms to! I was on the pill an felt kinda depressed to any kinda commercial that came on made me cry i got so sad over everythang lol!!
    I really want no harmones i have to get brave an try this! ! Im not for sterialization yet either
  • I wanted it so bad but my insurance did cover it and now I don't have insurance
  • Do u still get ur period on it? Or does it stop?
  • Is it like the IUD where its effective till u take.it out?
  • Paraguad T has no hormones so you will have a period. I had one for 4 years. Loved it!
  • Sorry my phone was messing up. You will still have a period unless you get the mirena. It will stop with that one but not paraguard. You cramp a little worse with the iud but if you cant remember to take pills o highly suggest it.
  • @Babynewyear2012 awesome thanx i can remember the pills the harmones jus make me so moody hubby hates them lol

@newmomma13 good point maybe i shuld c if mine does lol
  • I had the mirana. I liked not having periods!!!