Paragard question **update!!!**

edited August 2012 in Health
So I got the paragard iud since I can't handle horomones and I need a break after having two babies back to back within 1 yr! lol So I had my cycle at the end of June, and then got my IUD placed on July 18th. Everything went fine, no pain other than period like cramping for a couple of days, and some spotting for about 3 days after that. So far so good and I'm pleased with it. BUUUTTT, according to my period tracker app I should have started my period 2 days ago. I did have some light bleeding yesterday and very light spotting this morning but thats it. I thought this wasn't supposed to mess with your periods. I'm not complaing about not having a period, but my cycles are usually normal in lenght and flow (3-4 days long) without birth control. I know I'm not pregnant since I had two serum HCG test prior and one urine HCG test the day I got it placed and I can feel my strings. Not to mention my husband and I don't really have sex since we've been going through a rough patch for the past 2 months.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? My next appointment is on the 18th for my monthly string check so if it hasn't happened yet I'll bring it up with my Dr.

**UPDATE***
SO I fianlly started my period on JULY 29, 2012...and I'm still bleeding. I really wouldn't mind that much...figured it was because of the IUD but the past couple of days ive been super heavy. Like soaking a jumbo tampon and through a pad ALMOST every hour type of bleeding. Tiny (normal) clots and very mild cramping but its terrible. It was fine this whole week but yeah these past two days have been hell!

Comments