petrified of the vacuum

edited July 2012 in Parenting
Any tips? The poor kid trembles every time I turn it on.

Comments

• I wish my son was! He chases it around while I am vacuuming and gets in the way!
  • my son was like this. he was even petrified of the road sweepers when we were outside. He grew out of it, but nothing I did worked until he was about 4.
  • You have to start vacuuming around them young. Try to make sure he is watching you when you turn it on. That is one thing that helped my son.
  • Lol I was gonna make a post about this cause last night when I was vacuuming JaMaiya went crazy, it was funny was it reminded me of when my little cousins was scared of it
  • My sons terrified of the vacuum! I guess it's just the loud noise, but he's scared of the blow drier as well.
  • My daughter never was scared until I vacuumed while she was on the floor one day instead of in her high chair like she usually is....now even the sight of the vacuum she starts to get that worried look on her face! I thinks its kinda cute because she doesn't cry anymore but never takes her eyes off of it until I put it away Haha
  • Juliana got a toy vacuum for her birthday and now thinks the big vacuum is her toy.
  • I thought my son was afraid of it when he younger, but turns out he was crying because he wanted to help. My sister-in-law figured it out. Lol Is he old enough to push it around with you? Might make him less fearful. :)