eating cereal cold?

edited July 2012 in Solid Foods
So we usually warm her cereal up, but yesterday a friend of mine was watching her and gave it to her cold like straight from the fridge, and she ate it all. So I tried again this morning to see and she ate it again cold. So my question is..is it ok to give it to her cold? I mean I know she will eventually need to be I didn't know when she should. She will be 9 months on the 8th. Also when should we start slowly warming her bottle less to get her ready for cows milk? She is ebf.

Comments

• I EBF too and never warmed up her cereal. I figured fresh breast milk was warm enough, lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son always preferred his milk and cereal cold, much to my mothers disapproval. We didnt have any trouble going over to cows milk.
  • @mijita when I pump I don't warm it up, but some times it'll sit in a bottle for a couple hours before.
    @homebirthadvocate we did at first but not anymore..so maybe we are closer than I think lol. I guess I just thought it would confuse her by one time getting boob and another a bottle.
    @joshneviesmum good to know. I always wondered cause I heard cold things can give them cramps.
  • I stopped warming when it got so hot outside. Out babys are both turning nine months in the next week or so. I just figured I wouldn't want warm milk at a 100+ degrees. Not to long ago my mom called just to make sure I stopped warming his milk.lol.
  • Room temp not out of fridge for us.
  • @char I don't think I'd want warm milk ever lol..but she seems to lol. I guess we could warm it up to about room temp so its not extremely cold at first.
  • It's fine I warm up te milk but my son doesn't like cereal
  • I warm some things and not others. I waited till summer to switch my son to cold milk.
  • @preggointx yea..she likes her cereal a lot lol
    @tinka1326 yea, we have been giving her cold cereal and she seems to like it...as for her bottle I don't think hubby has tried it yet and I nurse so that's not going to be cold lol..but I don't think my parents get the bottle as warm as hubby does and she will only eat like 3 or 4oz out of the 8.
  • It's the end of winter here so the last thing my daughter wants is cold milk. When I switched my son I gave him his morning bottle warm and bedtime too but the rest cold (room temp till he switched to cows milk) and that helped him get used to it... now at 3 he won't drink it at all lol
  • @tinka1326 its the middle of summer here. So warm milk probly isn't the best idea but she is so picky otherwise she won't drink it..I think here in the next month or two I'm going to exclusively pump expect for at bed time so maybe then we will do cold milk.
  • I just start warming it less and less I only warm it for about 10 seconds so its not super cold straight outta the fridge, but she is on cows milk.
  • Never warm any thing up for my son I bf by the way
  • Yea I think that's what I do, so its not so cold from the fridge @morgdeebee
    @roxy like when he gets a bottle? Or do you exclusively pump?