this isn't normal right...??

edited July 2012 in Babies Health
Well I have friend that her baby is the same age as my son...well like a month or two younger. Anyways the baby is like 14 months and he walks n everything. But he cant stand up. Thats not normal right like... You can lay the boy ok n the floor n he just cries. He cant get up. Is it because he is use them picking him up?
Is it normal a stage or something?

Comments

• Sounds like spoiled. If he has the balance and coordination to walk then he should have very little problem rolling over and getting up. Does he get up if he falls on his butt while walking?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He doesn't know how to crawl he drags him self. And that's what I was thinking that he needed to go to the doctor. And no he just waits for then to pick him
    Up.
    @Mama_Kat
    @MrsStanley_x2
  • I would have him looked at by a dr, my nephew was that way. His muscles werent strong enough to pull himself up.
  • That's what she said she thinks it is because like he never learn how to crawl. But she says no that nothing is wrong with him that its normal....i don't think so. But she is the mom im try n talk, to her n see if she goes.
  • You know my lo is almost 10months old and cant crawl. She has no muscle strength in her hips and not enough in her back. It makes it hard for her to do things. She gets around by pulling herself forward in her butt or pushing backwards on her belly. She needs physical therapy to stregnthen and build muscle. Maybe he just needs more muscle and help.
  • Yea im have to tell her that because she doesn't even let him try and get up. as soon as he falls she Fly to pick him up.
    And what I know she dose take him. But Idk for sure ...for sure
  • edited August 2012
    Im try but she is hard headed. Cause she doesn't take it like I'm trying to help you. She takes like I'm telling her there is something wrong with your baby. Which there is but still. @mama_kat
  • My son is kinda the same way this worries me. He is 9 months old doesn't crawl he scoots but he walks. He uses me to pull himself up but won't use an object like the table. He will walk all around if I'm holding his hand but won't take a step without me or someone holding his hand. His balance isn't great but now I'm worried since he doesn't pull himself up.
  • I didn't know that it was possible to be able to walk but not be able to stand..
  • Just be cautious about telling her, nobody wants to be told their baby isn't perfect. My mom has told me several times what she thinks is wrong with my daughter, shit hit the fan, it was just the way she said it that pissed me off. Good luck!
  • @mama_kat sorry it toke me to long to msg back but yea I talk to her again about it n she just made a face n then I was like its that I was thinking about it cause this girl I talk to has the same problem with her baby girl And she went to the doctor n they told her that she had a disorder in her muscles