making SO feel special

edited July 2012 in Relationships
I need some advice/ideas on how to make my hubby feel special. I was thinking about how he doesn't really make me feel wanted/special anymore and I was thinking about if I made him feel special and I'm really not sure and I obviously want him to feel special to me.

Lately he's been a little down because he is an electrician and is currently laid off due to lack of work in our area, so all's we have is my check every week. He's been feeling upset cause he doesn't feel like he can provide for our son and I and he doesn't have a lot of money cause I give him whatever I can. Unemployment has also been giving him a heck of a time but it's finally gone through and should be getting it soon.
So I just was trying to think of somethings I can do to show him I appreciate him and that he's special to me, I tell him all the time but idk if saying it is enough some times.

Thankyou in advance!

Comments

• Maybe breakfast in bed one morning, a nice massage wit sum oils an candles, his favorite dinner
  • You know making him feel special will work but it won't Make the problem of how he feels go away. Of I was use I would make it really clear to him that you guys need him but his money. Have him help you with some stuff and later let him know how much it means to you that it's great having him around and you couldn't have done all that without him that it sure makes your day a lot easier and you can actually enjoy your son. Something like that I know it helps in our house because his been without work for a year now.
  • Hey my bf is an electrician too. Aren't you from buffalo??
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah he's in the Niagara falls area