HCG Diet drops

edited July 2012 in Pregnant
Has anyone heard of these? Are they safe? How effective are they? I've done a little reading online and some say they work great others say they don't work at all. Just wanted to see what people thought before I bought them. It says all you have to do is put drops under your tongue and eat right and the weight will drop off. I have about 60 pounds to lose but at this point, I'd be happy with any weight loss. I would also be trying to walk/jog 3-4 times a week. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• They work! I'm actually on them right now. Losing 2lbs a day! I did a lot of research and I went with EasyHcg drops. They work wonders!
  • I have a coworker whose friend does them and has lost 70 pounds!
  • I'm guessing its a no go if you're breastfeeding?
  • @monkey_girl can i ask u where u buy them?
  • @mommyof3girls On their website www.easyhcg.com
  • Ok, i just googled it. ;) thanks!
  • @monkey_girl how long have u been taking them and how much have u lost? Hope u dont mind me asking.
  • I'm just worried I would not get ones that actually worked. I've read that you can only get pure hcg from a doctor. I've been looking into the brand, Simple Pure hcg. I really hope whatever I get works, because I don't think my Dr. will prescribe them.
  • @mommyof3girls Not at all! Been on them for 7 days and have lost 14lbs!
  • @monkey_girl are you taking any vitamins along with them? I heard that it can cause constipation because your eliminating oils. And are you on the 500 calorie a day diet or 800?
  • I'm on the 500 calorie. Not taking any vitamins and am not constipated...lol
  • @kimalee2288 thanks for posting this! Ive also been so curious about these diets. ;)

@monkey_girl that sounds awesome! Looks like thats rated the best brand to buy. I ordered some. Eeek! Im kinda nervous about how much they cost but im ready to try something. I also got some for my husband. Hes gonna think im insane. Lol. Says they work for men and woman tho.
  • @mommyof3girls My husband is doing it with me! He's losing a pound a day but I think it's because he doesn't drink enough water. Make sure to follow the instructions to the T. Good luck!
  • @monkey_girl Have you been exercising at all? I'm going to try to walk when I can but my work schedule varies so its hard to do some days. What are some examples you've been eating for like lunch and dinner? I'm scared that whats going to hinder me is that I still need to make dinner for my family and I'm. probably not going to be able to eat what they are, but if I could find something low calorie enough to stick with the diet, that everyone enjoys I could hang in there. Problem is my hubby is def. a meat and potatoes kind of man, lol.
  • @monkey_girl, losing 2 lbs/day is very unhealthy!

@kimalee2288, I woulda strongly discourage use of hCG drops and diet without the guidance of a health professional. The hCG diet is extremely restrictive and unhealthy. Very restrictive diets increase the likelihood of muscle loss and are very high risk for weight gain bounce back. Be careful with fad diets, as most lead to failure. When focusing on a diet ask yourself, ”is this a diet I can do for the rest of my life?” If the answer is yes, then chances are that its a healthy and doable. Otherwise, you shouldn't do it.

You run so many risks with restrictive diets and it's definitely a no-no if you are breastfeeding.
  • @monkey_girl if you don't mind me asking, how much weight are you trying to lose?

@proudmother1009 how many months has she been on the drops? That's about what I want to lose so I'm wondering how long it would take. I know everyone is different but some kind of idea would be nice
  • You're not supposed to exercise because you're already burning so much fat a day. All your do's and don'ts for food are in the instructions.
  • You all should really do your research on it! Don't knock it till you know everything about it. Check this out:
  • @monkey_girl, as a dietitian I highly encourage anyone who does the hCG diet to follow the guidance of a health professional. You run the risk of losing large masses of muscle. This increases the ketones in your body and can cause serious health problems. When your body is deprived it turns to it stores to nurture your needs. It'll do this for fat, protein (muscle), and bone. Furthermore, when you lose weight rapidly, your body has a memory store and it'll progressively eat to restore the fat it loss, and then some for it's security. The sad part is that you will have lost muscle mass that helps with skeletal structure, and ultimately metabolism that helps maintain appropriate weight to begin with. If you are adamant to go through with this diet, I suggest doing research on the long term successes and failures of the hCG diet.

Good luck.
  • @monkey_girl do you find it hard to follow the 500 calorie diet?? I feel like I'd always be starving lol!
  • @kimalee2288 I aint for sure but I think almost 10 months or so :)
  • Oh and please don't think im badgering you. I just think it's important to be informed where health is concerned. Ultimately the choice is yours. :)
  • @starrxoxo9 No, drops help with that. :)

@all Everyone who is planning on doing it please do your own research and make sure this diet is right for you. It's working for me and I am continuing on
  • seeing results
  • @captivated ... Nope .. if your BFing you can't do them. :-(
  • Oh lord! 500 calories a day?! That is outrageously unhealthy. You should never cut caloric intake beneath 1200 per day and even that is unhealthy.

Like @mom2ing said, you're losing weight in part because you're starving yourself. When dieting healthfully, you should lose two pounds per week. Sigh, america and their 'quick fixes'.

I'll pass on a diet that in turn slows your metabolism considering your metabolism is key for maintaining the weight you desire. Severely restricted caloric intake destroys that and takes a long time to recover. This means that when you stop, you WILL gain it back and likely plus more.

Dont destroy your metabolism ladies!
  • My daughter tried it & couldn't handle eating only 500 calories a day & quit. (I'm glad) As others said, you would lose weight on 500 calories a day whether using the drops or not, it's just a marketing strategy to make money.
    I've lost 22 pounds & 4 inches over the last 3 months by eating healthy & getting more active. Yes, it takes longer, but I feel healthy & feel like it will last.
  • @Wilsomom, way to go! You are doing it the right way and have also reprogrammed your metabolic memory bank! You'll most likely keep it off! We forget we didn't get fat overnight, we worked at it, thus must work to rid of it.
  • @monkey_girl @mom2ing @captivated
    @mijita

The one I found has you on 500-800 calorie intake a day for about a month then every month you slowly start adding fat and carbs, exercise, etc. back into your diet until you're at a healthy calorie intake so that it becomes a life long eating habit. The drops are done with after 40 days. So it's about a three month program that eventually ends in restructuring your entire way of eating. I've been researching this for awhile and I've read success stories, failures, and risks. It looks like the ones that fail are those that continuously keep doing it.
  • That's right.

I would like to add that if you were to do a 500 calorie diet without the drops you will Gain weight instead of lose.