it is finally sinking in

edited July 2012 in Military moms
My husband is getting out of the military. We have known for sure for a few weeks but he is actually starting all his separation stuff now and its kinda creaking me out. He has been in for six years, we have been together for seven and now its time to start over....

His terminal leave starts in October ahhh that's so close!

Comments

• Are u upset
  • So how how you feel about it? I'd be happy if i were you since its been soo long since you've seen him....
  • My husband got out this past February after being in for six years! I was SOOOOOO HAPPY! haha I hated the life of a military wife, it takes a lot of patience and I could not stand them running our lives, could not even make plans with out them calling him in to do something. How do you feel about it? If you guys liked it then why is he getting out?
  • My husband still has 2 yrs. he'll have been in 9 when he gets out.
  • I've been in 8 years, hubbys been in 5... he's getting ready to face a medboard though and possibly get medically discharged... it SCARES THE CRAP OUTA ME!!! This is all we know! It's a steady paycheck no matter what, ya know? It's frightening for me personally. Good luck and I hope things work out well!!!!
    @wyattsmommy girl congrats for the hubby!!! I saw the post yesterday but didnt see the results and forgot to go back and check... lol. but congrats!
  • @my2boys he got PTSed out so we really had no choice. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

@aishamusa I see him everyday right now so that's not an issue, its just a big change.

@redshadoe0 I know I like the stability and knowing we have a pay.check and somewhere to live ya know. He has everything set up back home already its just scary.
  • My husband was forced out as well, so we didn't have a choice. At first it is scary, but once we figured out our game plan we were good! I am glad he got out...I hate the military life. I to hated how they ran our lives.
  • @ashley_smashley I totally agree and I hate the mood my husband is in 80% of the time when he comes home now. We everything figured out once his terminal starts on October and doesn't officially get discharged till December. My mom is gonna let us live with her for a while so we can save some money. We didn't officially find out till like 2 weeks ago.
  • Ya for us he was planning on getting out at the end of his contract in September but, they tried to send him to Korea for a year in January..which ment he would have to extend his contract. So he turned down orders. Then it came down that it didn't matter anyway bc he was being forced out bc of cuts. So we go out in march. He spent the time since looking for work..but Nevada has the worst job market. So we just made the move to Washington, near his family. His uncle has a few businesses so he is gonna work for him until he finds a better job.

Your hubs is just probably stressed. Don't worry! If he has to he can go on unemployment until he gets a good job! He paid into it, so he should use it!
  • @ashley_smashley he is gonna use his GI bill and work with his brother-in-law at a pool company. He wants to be a cop but missed testing so has to wait till like April I think to test.

He isn't really stressed to be honest I think I'm more stressed then he is lol. His command just did the switching of commands in June and ever since then everyone has been pretty miserable Haha
  • That's awesome he has some work lined up! Tj is also useing his GI bill! It's been a life saver!
  • @ashley_smashley hopefully he does.good he has.never really been a "school person" even in high school he did just what he needed to pass.