How to make baby sleep in crib all night...

edited August 2012 in Ages & Stages
Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted a topic on here.

My daughter is turning 1 years old at the end of the month and for some reason has been waking up in the middle of the night crying wanting to sleep in my bed. She's been sleeping in her crib since 5 months without waking up at all in the middle of the night. Don't know why this started at 11 months? Any suggestions? Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Thank you!

Comments

• Let her cry it out. Dont even go in the room. She'll stop after a few days
  • @kindell I was thinking about that but I'm afraid she's going to bump her head (like she always does) or try to climb out. My floors are dangerous! :/
  • Oh my god, the SAME thing has been happening to me. @kindell, you think the crying it out will work? When I initially had him in the crib at around six months I did the CIO for about ten minutes. Worked after a day and he never had any issues after that. I'm afraid he is waking up in the middle of the night for a reason and leaving him cry would be horrible :(
  • I'm having the same problem with my almost 11 month old, I've been going in to check on him but trying to leave him in his crib to see if it will work. I havent had luck though because I always just take him out, other wise my 3 year old will wake up (they share a room) and then I will have both of them in my bed! If you leave them in there though I think it will work after a couple nights, it did with my oldest.
  • @MOM2ING I wouldn't mind co-sleeping if my daughter wasn't such a kicker! LOL

@captivated I feel for you! I feel like she's a little baby waking up in the middle of the night, again. Don't know how we backtracked...:/

• @My2boys I'm going to try it. The problem is I hear her wake up and I run to pick her up. Have to be strong!
  • Oh no!! My daughter did this at 7 months.... Please don't tell me it happens around 11 months too?? Ahhhh. :-((
  • McKinley did that around a year...but I think it was teeth since I can now see three teeth cutting through and one more about to.
  • My daughter did this around one and is just now starting to get better she is almost 15 months. We had to just let her cry, we tried everything and it is the only thing that worked. Her doctor told us to go in every tenish minutes but for us that made it worse.
  • I put Kaylee in her bed and let her cry it out. That's the only way that she'll go to sleep. Normally, after about 2-3 mins she's sound asleep for the night...but if she cries for longer than 10 mins I go and get her and try again when I think she's sleepy.
  • @blessedtxmom do you think babies know when we are pregnant again??? My LO will be 10 months in a few days and Im 31 weeks pregnant. She went through a refusing to sleep anywhere but on me phase too.