how do i stop her from grinding her teeth??

edited August 2012 in Ages & Stages
My lo will not stop grinding her teeth its driving us crazy! the noise is horrible. how in the world do I get her to stop? not like I can take her teeth away lol

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea Ive heard dentist say there's nothing you can do. Is it only at night or all the time?
  • Yep my son use to especially at nite he grew out of it
  • Wish I knew...I STILL do...
    I find that if I'm not relaxed, its much worse. So if its at night, maybe try going the extra mile to soothe her...calm voices an hour before bed, that night time body wash at bath time, maybe some soft music?

If its during the day, maybe try to look for a pattern for when she does it. Ie, if she's concentrating, if she's bored..

but it may just be like the other ladies said...just a phase where she's learned a new thing, and it might just get mommy and daddy's attention too!
  • My daughter did it for about 3wks. I just ignored it, as much as it drive me crazy...but she stopped doing it...thankfully lol
  • My son who is 10 years old did it from lil baby until now but only when he's.sick with his nose completely stopped up. Not sure why ... I assume its to sooth himself.
  • I was told... Its the bodys natural way to line up ur jaw, or bite. If that makes sence. Its very common in little children.
  • @1Stwoodsbaby its all day! Not all the time but throughout the day and night