why am I in so much pain!!!?!

edited August 2012 in Postpartum Health
So...it's been a month since I had my baby girl <3
And as many of you would know I had a c-section. So I had the spinal other then the epidural. Well just to say that I can't stand my back! It's not an I'm on my period pain. Its a I still have the dam shot in, my back pain! Idk girls but this pain is killing me if I fix my back like if I sit up straight it hurts so baaad...what could it be? Is it normal? Can I do anything about it or do I just live with it??
And also I have a stabbing pain on one side of my c-section scar. Is that normal??
Idk it just sucks cause im only ONLY breastfeeding! And I cant take durgs to kill the pain! Only Tylenol and let's face it. It really doesn't work.
Im screaming out for help!! Please someone tell me its normal. Or it passes I just need a peace of mind. :'(
Oh and can I use a ice n hot patch while breastfeeding?? My husband doesn't give it to me. He said ask or no pain relive for you :/

Comments

• Regarding your back...

Does your neck, head and shoulders hurt too?

When you sit up does it hurt? Then does the pain go away immediately when you lay down?
  • Ummm.... No my neck nor my shoulders hurt its just n that one spot I feel like if I have hurt but Idk y if I didn't feel pain till now. And when I lay down the pain slowly goes away. Maybe like in 2/4 mins for it to go away. @YNVTish
  • You can very much take painkillers hon. Breastfeeding moms get sent home with Percocet all the time. It is excreted in such minute amountsin your milk that it has no effect. I've been breastfeeding for over a year now and have had two surgeries and many kidney stones and infections. Pain meds for all of that.

As for your back, I would definitely follow up with your doctor about it!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^that too!

Never works for me lol.
  • i had the same problem after my csection! went to the docs who told me her mum still suffers from a bad back 25years after a csection! (thabks doc just what i wanted to hear)!! mine eased off after about 6month but now im 24weeks pregnant again and the pain is back in my back and it shoots down my left bum cheek too!
  • I get back pain and migraines ALL the time now.
  • I still have ibuprofen 800 from when i had my c section. Its the only thing that helps me most times. But i also take my daughters ball, its like a kick ball, and put it behind me an lay back on it. It cracks my back a bunch and helps with the pain and stiffness