not looking forward to tomorrow (VERY LONG sorry)

edited August 2012 in Relationships
Hubby and I have been fighting a lot lately. he says I always give him attitude (but yet 90% of the time its him that starts it) and its over stupid things too. one situation during his vacation I told him how good he was doing at not smoking (he smokes cigars at work) it was a whole week and I was impressed. so I told him he should keep it up and just quit all together (he's always saying he's gonna quit) and he actually agreed with me. so the next day he was going back to work and I asked "so are you gonna quit?" (No attitude was given!) and he bites my head off and says maybe if you quit nagging me! so that sparked up a fight because I was trying to get across that I was NOT nagging I was just asking.... but apparently he heard attitude. Whatever.

Yesterday I said to him that he should bring the baby's toy box downstairs. we just moved into a new place and it got put upstairs. He says no there's nowhere to put it. I point to a spot (full of boxes still) and said well these aren't going to be staying here.
no he says thats where the China cabinet is going.
Me: well its not going to take up the whole wall.
Him. we don't need it down here all we need is a few of her toys.
me. well where are they going to go when she's not using them?
him. back upstairs!
Me. really and who's going to haul them up and down the stairs every day ?!
him. me or you.
me. that's never going to happen! (This from a guy that cant even take his dishes to the sink when he's done)
him. fine do whatever you want then I don't give a shit

So I just took the baby and went upstairs and started to fold laundry.
he comes up and says are we going to have dinner? I told him to go eat whatever he wants. so he says wtf is your problem?
I said I felt like every time I suggest something he shoots me down (like I can't express an idea without him telling me oh no we can't do that) or makes me feel like what I said is stupid. OR he rewords my idea and takes credit for it.
so there I am folding laundry in tears and he gets into crap like why don't you have Darren Fed before I get home (older child) and why don't you do this and that and everyone at work asks me why you can't have dinner ready for me (gee thanks...)
so long story short we fight for a while and never really get anywhere. eat dinner them I get the kids to bed and say ok I'm going to have a shower. And he gives me attitude about it! he was like "ok......"
so what I'm not allowed to shower now?!
I showered and went to bed.

so next day, this morning I get up and bring down a paper he's supposed to sign for the landlord who's coming to pick it up today. He takes it. I got dressed and ready and about half hour later I walk into the kitchen and here's the paper still unsigned! I went and said I thought you were gonna sign this? He says he couldn't find a pen. so I said well why didn't you say something. I found a pen and gave it to him and walked away to the kitchen. I hear - wtf is your problem now.
Really?
so I say. how about instead of being so rude just ask what's the matter? or is something wrong? (And really there was no problem I was just a bit annoyed that he didn't ask for a pen)
so then he says - Keep giving me attitude and I'm leaving!

that hurt.

I went up to my room and cried. he came up and still talking crap like I don't know what your problem is and blah blah...

I cried so much. why would he just come out and say that? unless he's been thinking about it for a while.
so now I don't really know where we stand.
he kissed me goodbye when I dropped him off at work.
Idk...
anyway tomorrow is his day off and I'm really not looking forward to spending it with him.

Comments

• IN my opinion both of you need to talk and tell each other what's going on.. he can't get mad at you for taking a shower and you can't get upset over him not asking for a pen, both of you are acting weird in my opinion.. I have food ready for my husband when he comes home I believe that if I have the benefit of staying at home with our kids that he should at least have his food ready.. don't get me wrong.. I know there's no time sometimes. Maybe You guys need counseling.
  • Relationships have their ups and downs. Its working through them that makes them stronger. I'm going to have to say that a large number of individuals, both male and female play the, ”I'm leaving” card. In all honesty I don't think the vast majority mean it. It's an intimidation card to have the upper hand. Take a deep breath and reassess where your stress is coming from and once you find it, talk to him about it. He may not understand where you are coming from, therefore misunderstands and misconstrues your meaning. Talking is very healthy for a relationship. It's finding the common ground to do it civilly without the intended fight.

As for tomorrow, don't put a negative, preconceived notion that it'll be dreadful, because then you'll expect it to be and won't make the most of it. Be positive! :)
  • @Janet_2011 the reason I don't always have food ready is because I have to go pick him up so unless I use the slow cooker every day it just can't happen. and I really don't like having to cook then reheat later. and the older child I would feed but then there goes family dinner.
    I know the reason I'm so cranky is because we just moved and our neighbors like to put their tv on at 2 am really loud and it keeps me awake and also the baby has been waking 2-3 times a night so I'm running on almost no sleep.
    stil, a few cranky days shouldn't make him say he'll leave.

Unfortunately we can't afford councelling :( and I'm not sure he would go
  • @Mijita thank you :)
    I try to explain things but I have such a hard time getting words out
  • Aw If I was you I would knock on the neighbors door and ask them to be a little more considerate since you have a baby. If they don't listen call the police.. since they are disturbing you guys at night with loud noises I'm sure the police would atleast tell them to turn the tv off or lower the volume. Have you tried telling him that you are tired and you need a break.. maybe he can help when he gets home from work so you can take a nap.. I'm sure what he said was out of anger. Guys are pretty dumb.
  • Who cares about having dinner ready! Seriously? I don't cook. My fiance works all day AND comes home and cooks. I do it occasionally. This isn't the fifties. I am not a little obedient housewife. I work my ass off to be successful for my family...I won't be staying home all day, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Lol, i digress.

Something is obviously bothering him. You two should get some counseling to get to the bottom of it. as for the cigarettes, leave it alone. It's not worth the fight. You always have to pick and choose your battles.
  • @captivated - you crack me up lol! I've never heard your voice, but I can just imagine...ha ha.
    & I agree, don't make mountains out of mole hills, you have to choose your battles. It's hard sometimes, but it helps keep the peace.
  • This may not be the 50's but I think if one works all day thr other should take care of the house and food. Have dinner ready b4 picking him up and see how he likes it cold. That is what I would do in your place.
    How old is ur baby? I have a great relationship but the lo made us both think about the big d for a couple months. Things settled down and we got used to the change. My husband was so stressed bc we took a really huge paycut without me working.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2012
    I agree with @char

@captivated... I'm a stay at home mom and a very submissive spouse as well. I cook breakfast lunch and dinner and in between snacks. House is clean and dinner is hot and ready when my honey walks through the door. I just personally feel the house is my job and he has his job. It's a partnership. And ... Even when I worked it was the same. He does do his share but its not cooking.

Now with saying that... It ain't for everyone but I absolutely love catering to my man.

Ok.. @heyitsme ... I think this move has you guys completely stressed. They say the top #3 stresses people go through in life is having a baby, getting married and moving.

Sounds like you're tired and he's irritated. He's obviously talking to people at his job that apparently has a lot to say in his ear.

I just moved a few months ago so I know how you're feeling... Boxes freaking every damn place, baby off of schedule and not use to the new house. You're probably playing mom and unpacking all day and can use a little normality.

Men expect us to be super women and most of the times we are but then in these situations like moving we might fall short our men don't understand why we can't DO IT ALL... ALL THE DAMN TIME.
    Well we can't... So cut us some slack.

I wouldn't take what he said personal. I think he's just upset. He sounds like he was just trying to get a reaction out of you.

Don't let this go on.. don't try and talk to him about this chaos... Just go to him and tell you love him and you dont want to fight anymore... Then walk away. Say it soft, slow and nice and then leave. Trust me you'll kill his ass with kindness and stop this vicious cycle of chaos.

Hang in there girl!
  • I've heard that threat before.it does suck but i've learned guys are stupid and say stupid things.try and let it go...enjoy the day tomorrow
  • Thank you all for the support! Yesterday was actually a good day :) i tried to let everything go except when he mentioned things, like why do you always post feelings on fb (which really i didnt say anything specific, my exact post was "(CRASH) don't worry that was just the sound of me hitting the floor. At least i didn't hit rock bottom!") People thought i fell lmao. But i guess ppl at work were asking him what it meant. SO i said did u tell them ? He just said he told ppl i was mad at him for some reason. I said u should have told them i was mad cuz you said you were gonna leave! According to him he didn't say that though. He thinks he said "do you want me to leave" but no he didn't... oh well w/e. For now i just let everything go
    @gatorbob i wish men could communicate like that. I even told him he could be more sensitive about what he says. But ya all he hears is nag nag nag.
    @ynvtish i wish i could do all that. My brain doesn't have the capacity though! I'm like @gatorbob everything i cook tastes like crap and he never finishes a meal unless by fluke I've cooked something that tastes half decent. Also yeah we are stressed to the max we just moved barely been here a week. Baby is 10 months and getting into everything so i can't actually unpack unless she's sleeping. She wants to be either in my arms or into what I'm doing lol. Getting married is in there too because we aren't married yet we're *trying to* plan a wedding with no budget. I'm sure money is probably #4 stressor and we have none of that too! Recipe for disaster hey... plus the 8 year old with behaviour issues.
    @char I'm going to do that from now on. Cold dinner for him. We don't have a microwave either lol
  • I cook for my family, but if I didn't, my husband sure wouldn't piss and moan about it. Occasionally he offers to cook, but I rather do it... He takes too long and we end up eating late at like 8pm. Lol. I agree with letting him eat a cold dinner so he appreciates what you DO!
  • Just ame sure it is something that will be awful cold, like potato soup?
  • edited August 2012