anyone have hand foot and mouth disease as an adult?

edited August 2012 in Health
I got hand foot and mouth disease from my kids back in june. Very mild compared to my girls. they all got over it. However, my sore throat never went away. I lost my voice for a few days in early july. Ive had a sore, red throat with tiny bumps ever since and the blood vessels in my throat r purple?? I know the answer is to go to the dr and yes im going to c the dr tomorrow. Just wondering if anyones gone thru this or if any of u smart nurses could have an idea of what this could be??? Its gross and totally not preg related but google has no answers for me. Lol

Comments

• @Mom2ING oh thats right! Thank u! I knew someone did but couldnt remember who it was.
  • Yep! I did. It sucked ass
  • I had strep with it
  • @captivated can u have strep that just lingers without getting worse? I dont wish hfm on anyone. :(
  • What exactly do you mean? Strep will usually get worse and develop into rheumatic fever if untreated.
  • Idk really. Ive just had a horrible sore throat ever since i had the hfm junk. Hasnt gotten any worse. Like no fevers.
  • Hfmd causes a horrible sore throat with ulcers. Very very painful! Nothing to do but to wait it out. It was so bad for me that I couldn't eat or drink forthree days. Caused me to be severely dehydrated, that turned into a uti that turned into a kidney infection. I had to take liquid vicodin for the pain it was so bad!