I Feel Like I'm Drowning

edited August 2012 in Third Trimester
Long story short: my husband hates his job, therefore I get to deal with his attitude lately. I get little to no (basic if I do) help. He comes home and tells me he wants something specific (requiring use of a gas stove in a house that's already 85 inside) for dinner. I'm not happy about it because I feel miserable and the twins are already cranky. But I oblige and even make dessert. Now, babies aren't allowed in the kitchen when I'm cooking, so the gate was up. They both sat there banshee screaming at me the whole. Damn. Time. They had been fed, cleaned, given sippys- they were just cranky and wanted me. My nerves are shot as is. Where is my husband? Playing a computer game. I seriously begged him to play with them for just a bit to calm them down. Nope. So let me get this straight: you're going to sit on your ass while I cook food I don't want nor want to be cooking and not help AT ALL by just playing with the kids. Gotcha. I lost my temper and he and I got in a fight. His food ended up in his lap, and I left the house. I'm too hormonal for this shit. Then I smoked a cigarette. Felt awful, did it anyway. It needs to be September now, cause this mama needs a drink.

Comments

• Aw honey... He needs to help!!!
  • Men r idiots! Next time make him cook for himself.
  • @RedShadoe0 I wish he understood that. Yes, he works so I don't have to right now, but he makes 20an hour, so even with days off and crap he still makes bank without having to go nuts working. But he thinks all I do is sit on my keester watching netflix all day. Babies don't feed, clean, change, and clothe themselves. House doesn't clean itself. Food doesn't cook itself. Laundry doesn't do itself. Plus I handle all money stuffs. Yet I'm "lazy." *sigh* I'm sorry I'm rambling.
  • @mommyof3girls it gave me some peace knowing he didn't get to eat it 'cause it went in his lap :)
  • Pfft wow. Girl next time take an hour or so break, leave him with the kids and tell him is his turn to cook and just walk out. Some guys make me want to throat punch them.
  • @Janet_2011 that's pretty much what I did! I sat in my mom mobile looking like I was msking a drug deal buying cigarettes. Smoked one, gave the rest to my sil, and just meditated. He thinks I'm lying when I say they fight each other and are turds some days because they are angels for him (probably because they don't see him all day). He doesn't get it. Not to mention my hormones are haywire!
  • Aw hun you are probably really tired, I have 2 girls. A three year old one and my 11 months old one, they are a handful.. so Saturdays and Sundays I do nothing but take care of the kids if my husband has to go to the store , most of the times he takes the oldest. You should have an agreement with your husband for atleast one day completely off, without doing a single thing.. been a mom is a hard job, some guys just don't get it.
  • @Janet_2011 so very tired :( I have nothing but respect and admiration for full time stay at home moms. He watches them if I want to go somewhere, but when I come home: it's almost not worth it. They are usually hungry and need diapers, and 9 out of 10it times my living room is DE-STROYED. But, you see, he works, so that's really my job which isn't that hard. *eye roll*
  • OMG I'm sorry your husband is so dumb.. my husband used to think like that til he had to take care of a two year old and a new born baby so I had to get my gallbladder removed.. I was hospitalized for 4 days or so.. after I got home he was a changed man and understood how much work it was.. your man needs to open his eyes. I'm so sorry you are going through such a shitty situation..
  • @Janet_2011 ugh gallbladder surgery sucks! I've been there! I'm hoping (and this probably sounds pathetic) that when I have my tubes tied and he has to take care of our (then will be 16 mo) old twins and a newborn by himself he will open his eyes. I do everything because I love him, but having my kindness taken for granted is weighing on me!
  • Right then he will probably open his eyes. since he will experience taking care of them by him self. I'm probably pregnant with our third and I'm planning to get my tube tides.. I definitely don't want any more kids but I'm scared of how is going to be or if theres any side effects to getting the tubes tied. I'm freaked out
  • @Janet_2011 I sure hope so! And you are NOT alone in being freaked out. My doctor prefers the clamp method but everything I've read on that terrifies me.
  • Ugh I hope there's not any bad side effects.. but I just want to make sure I won't get pregnant again unless I go back and untie them
  • @Janet_2011 My husband is getting snipped, too, so that helps us. Do you know what way yours will be done?
  • I have no clue,lol If I'm pregnant I'm like 6 weeks according to my counting, I'm waiting to take a test and get a positive to go to the doctor. And my husband says getting snipped would be taking away part of his manhood hahahahaha