Postpartum Bleeding :(

edited August 2012 in Postpartum Health
I'm 12 days postpartum and still bleeding bright red. I still have cramps too. :( I've never bled this long with my other babies. Everything I've read says it points to retained placental tissue. Anyone else bleed bright red longer than 10 days?

Comments

• I did w my first. Are u having a lot of clots come out w it?
  • @mommyof3girls Sometimes. But they are really small clots.
  • Hmm... I dont thinkid worry too munch then unless the cramps r really bad. My pp bleeding was so diffent w each baby. The body is a strange thing. Hopefully u will stop soon.
  • @mommyof3girls Thanks. The cramps are constant. I only had them while I was breastfeeding my other 3. I feel like I'm on my period.
  • I would tend to believe the cramping is normal given your uterus is contracting back to normal size. If you are truly concerned call your midwife, I'm sure she won't mind.

Hope you're getting some sleep! :)
  • Yep. I had red bleeding almost four weeks postpartum.
  • Thanks everyone. I just don't feel right. Mayoclinic says it should atleast be brown right now so I'm going to schedule an ultrasound to check for leftovers.
  • Eat lots and lots of spinach, dark greens and meats! Keep that iron up. I'm glad you're following your gut. :)
  • @Mijita I am already back to pre-pregnancy weight. Will definitely incorporate greens into my diet. 'Cept broccoli. Lol. Tends to make the babies gassy. Thanks!
  • Mines getting lighter now but I bled for a little over 2weeks the last week off and on. Im sure its all nornal hun. if you feel somethings wrong talk to your doctor, which is always said I know... :)