ways to bring labour on yourself (safely)?

edited August 2012 in Third Trimester
Can anyone help?
Just want to get an idea, I am 38 weeks on Monday!!

Comments

• Bump.. im just like u i actually turned 38 weeks today and im 4-5 cm dilated.. so its very uncomfortable already n i want baby out... hopefully we get suggestions that wrk to bring on labor .. i want to start contracting close again n just go in the have to help me now that im full term i dnt think they will send me back home...
  • When I was 28 weeks I started bouncing on a ball in the shower warm warm shower to help engaged babies head
  • I totally ment 38 lol
  • @skysma lol I knew what you meant.
    @jen91811 sex is supposed to me really good but I can't really think of anything else x
  • Sex! The sperm helps the cervix make changes (if the cervix is ready to change).
  • Sex only helps if done consistently throughout the pregnancy. An old wives tale. It's the same as using primrose oil. Used right towards the end doesnt have much effect on the cervix to efface. Orgasms however, will help to start contractions if baby is ready to come :)
  • @captivated I didn't have sex for almost my entire 2nd pregnancy. I "nested" the day before hubby came home from Texas when I was 38 weeks. Went to the doctors, wasn't dilated at all. Had sex that night, rolled off hubby, labor began immediately. I didn't even orgasm when we did it. Went to the hospital 6 hours later, was 5cm and only had 5 contractions during the 6 hours at home. I totally swear by the sperm thing.
  • Hehe. Could have been total coincidence. Sperm cannot efface and dilate you that quickly. It takes repeated amounts, like the primrose oil capsules, to take effect. I think it definitely could have been the sex, but not the sperm. Even without an orgasm, during sex our uterus can contract. Who knows? We are all different :) my motto is to try anything! If it doesn't work, at least ya had fun doing it, right?!

They say nothing works, but I swear by the birthing ball. However, i was already around 4cm! @fate
  • I used the birthing ball for the first time two days before I went into labor. the day I used it that night I lost my mucous plug. I am definayely going to use it this pregnancy!
  • I used my ball and since I am a runner I rain all through my pregnancy and the night before my water broke I went running so personally just being active doing what you like such as running or walking, walking steps will really help it get going but at the end it really does come down to the baby being ready :)
  • @Mom2ING, I have been doing some walking, trying but hip and pelvic pain is making it hard but still doing it lol. X

@bettymomma Yeh I know lol but I just have this feeling I am going to go early. X

@1stWoodsBaby Yeh Av heard that really work my midwife told me. Just too scared to do it.

@BlessesTXMOM 2 miles how long did that take you? X

@captivated haven't actually had sex since beginning of April so that might not work, am not as scared now cause I am full term all I can do is try lol. X doing what on the birthing ball? I have one but sitting on it feels pointless. X

@Fate lmao, I will Defo give it a go see if it works for me lol. X

@Graysonsmommy so you would say it works too, tips on what to do with it would be much appreciated. X

@jules I could never dream of running but I wasn't a runners at all. I am going to try walk a bit everyday, just moved house so got that to decorate to so busy busy busy lol. X

• Bounce on it and rotate your hips in figure eight. I did this for two hours and started labor a few hours later. It helps engage baby's head in pelvis and pushes on the cervix to dilate.
  • Nothing worked for me :(
  • Well congrats on the move :).. And just walking in my opinion will help!
  • edited August 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck hunny