This is horrible!!

edited August 2012 in Current Events
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/04/13122553-1-dead-5-hurt-as-pickup-hits-people-in-store-parking-lot?lite

This happened right down the street from me. My heart goes out to everyone involved in this horrible tragedy :(

Comments

• That is extremely sad. Ironic because I was in a target parking lot when a car raced through the crosswalk and slammed into my cart, sending it flying through the air about twenty feet. This was the only time I hadn't had my daughter in the cart and I was carrying my son as well because he had been fussing. It hit the cart literally two inches or so in front of where my daughter was walking. If they had been in the cart, i don't think my boy would have made it. It was an elderly woman as well. Scariest moment of my life.
  • @captivated I can't even imagine how scary that was :(. I feel so bad for these families. And the old man when he really realizes what he did if he was in a diabetic shock!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree. That poor man. Even if he had taken his insulin, it still could have happened. I hope that the families can forgive him and realize it was truly an accident. I don't think he will ever be able to forgive himself.