Asperger's Syndome, anyone know or have a child with this?

edited August 2012 in Health
deleted

Comments

• First she needs to know that its for his own good to be tested. The sooner he gets support for it(if he has it) the better. I personally don't know anyone with it though..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • From what I've read, it's similar to a mild form of autism. My brother's shrink told him he has a mild case of it...in his instance, he's just super terrible in social situations. But I had a patient with it and he was completely over stimulated easily and got frustrated quickly. It was more like dealing with a socially awkward person than someone with autism. Maybe you guys can take him in when he comes to visit? :/
  • edited August 2012
  • I thought it was an awkward phase he would grow out of, but its only gotten worse.
  • If they're both in denial, there's nothing you can do about it. :( Eventually it will become an issue and I'm surprised his teachers haven't said anything about it by now.
  • He isnt in kindergarten yet @rtmommy. He starts this year and he is in no way prepared for it. It is going to be a disaster. His daycare facilities mentioned it before, but they all wanted him tested for add or ADHD. He doesn't have that and I think that is WAY overdiagnosed in the first place.
  • He'll be evaluated in kinder and his mother will have no option than acknowledge it. He'll must likely need occupational therapy and speech therapy in his first, if not all his years of grammer school.

I find it odd that your BF got a little insulted. Don't you mother these kids for a few months out of the year?
  • Oh wow, @HomeBirthAdvocate, they are very rigorous about educational delay here in Arizona. They evaluate in kinder, even sooner of a child is in Head Start.
  • edited August 2012
  • My cousin has Asperger's and gets very violent if you touch her. But she can control it when she wants to, and she is off the charts smart.
  • My best firond's husband has it. He's also extremely intelligent. His first word wasn't until h e was 2 and it was a full sentence plain and clear; no baby talk. He as an adult has a very hard time multitasking, but is very smart.
  • Omg. Ignore my typos lol.
  • edited August 2012
    @HomeBirthAdvocate, I'm seriously shocked! From personal experience I know 4 children 3 of which are my nephews and niece. One was requested an evaluation in Head Start and the other two in kinder. All are now on OT, speech therapy out other programs. I'm in Tucson, so maybe things are done slightly different, I don't know.
  • I have tO get my step ....
    We all tink Inst something about her

Like she's really clumsy
    She need speech therapy
    She gets lost when we talk
    She tries to avoid eye contact
    She stares at the people
    She aisle her self when we talk to her
    Preffers to play alone
    And many more ... I just wish I could take her and where do you have to take her? I don't know
  • Bd has aspergers. He has no sense of time. He cant live on his own. He works at Walmart. Hes really annoying.
  • @steph_due_101611, I hate to admit it, but I get very annoyed as well.

@angieahrens, yes!!!! He is very creepy at times!