Not interested

edited August 2012 in Solid Foods
My almost 10 month old has NO interest in food. We've always had moments were he would refuse to nurse or take a bottle and then after a week of struggling with that he would stop. I never force fed him bc I knew he would come around. Well we started puree at 4 months and he was interested for a few weeks and then was done.

Now going on 10 month he could careless about any food he and is almost scared of it. He won't even touch it. What should i do to promote curiosity? Or what types of food should I give him?

Comments

• Bump.
    Is there ANYTHING he likes? Have you tried yogurt, my daughter LOVES it. Do you let him self feed? Maybe put different colored, sizes, and textured foods on his highchair tray and just let him play.
  • I swear he likes nothing!! Lol. I have tired everything and anything. At first I would try to feed him and he would jerk his head side to side. So then I would put different stuff on the tray and he would just avoid it. He might touch it once but that's it. It's like he's discussed by he idea.

I don't get it bc he puts everything in hid mouth except food!
  • Have u tried the gerber puffs maybe if he liked those they wuld make him more interested in trying other stuff my daughter loves those
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How about steam some veggies, cut them up and just put them on his tray. Let him choose when he interacts and Play with them.
  • @Mrs_Jackson I have tried the gerber puffs but he won't eat those either. :(

@HomeBirthAdvocate I guess I'm going to have to just be patient and maybe he will finally give in and play with it! Lol. I would be happy if he even picks it up and throws it since he seems afraid to touch it lol!

@Ashley_smashley I've tried veggies and fruits, eggs cooked different ways, toast, pastas....pretty much anything I'm eating I try and see if he will. No luck yet....but I like ur idea of playing with him! Maybe he senses my anxiety about him not eatin and if I relax he will try it!
  • Maybe he doesn't like being seated in a high chair??? Just trying to figure it out.
  • edited August 2012
    Sorry..
  • Whenever I try to introduce new stuff Ollie kind of resists so I just throw it on his high chair try and let him play. Eventually it ends up in hs mouth and he finds he likes it!