guessing the babies gender

edited August 2012 in Pregnant
ok so i dont want to sound dumb but how many of u have tried to guess ur babies gender? iv had two scans now and both times baby has had its legs crossed! today the midwife guessed girl by the heart rate but i dont know how reliable that is?!
im desperate to know the sex and dunno how else i can find out other than payon for another scan which is pretty expensive?!

Comments

• I say girl since legs were closed..
  • My daughters heartbeat was 152 most of the time, towards the end it went down to the higher 140s. Hopefully it is s girl, sorry I'm no help my lo had her legs wide open lol
  • my daughters heart rate was 155 steady but as she is getting closer to her due date she bounces between 147-152 her legs were crossed during the 1st ultrasound but i kinda just had a feeling that she was a she. The heart rate though is not a good determination of sex. Because fetal heart rate will fluctuate thoughout the pregnancy. only way to know for sure is to see those genitals!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • see my boyfriend has a 14year old son we then have a 13month old son and so i think he can only have boys lol! little ones hear rate today was 150 which is slightly lower than it was last time! im 25weeks pregnant! also this time around i felt movement a lot later than i did with my son!
    i hope i get to have another scan lol
  • @mama_kat do they work?
  • The heartrate depends on if the baby is awake and active or asleep. When I was pregnant with my daughter her heartrate would sometimes be in the 130s and other times it would be in the 160s.
  • The heartrate was rite for my first 2 but my last gurl sumtimes was n the 150 but most the time was 140 i didnt find out the gender so i thought i had a boy comn but nope! Id def pay for another ultrasound but i guess gurl cuz of closed legs my gurl did that twice i had to drink sum tea during the ultrasound
  • edited August 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a son the first time and his heartrate was all over the place bc he was either active or asleep so I don't think tht the heartrate theory is active. I am pregnant with another boy with the same problem. Both my boys were wide open. But this time I am carrying completely different so I thought it was a girl, I have had 3 ultrasounds all saying boy.
  • I don't trust anything except seeing the baby with my last I had 3 scans and they all said girl then I had a boy the last scan was at 35 weeks. With this one if I can't obviously see it for myself like I did with my first boy I don't want to know.
  • Chinese gender chart indicated a boy for my first, and he was! This time it says girl, so we'll see. Do you have a 3D ultrasound place near you? I have one near me that only charges $60 for a 2D gender scan. I did that at 19 weeks, and then they applied that $60 toward the price of the 3D ($160), so I paid $100 for that one later in my pregnancy.