Should I buy a test or wait?

edited August 2012 in Pregnant
So hubby and I haven't really started trying yet but we only use the pull out method (so we know it could happen). My Days calendar estimated my ovulation to be 7/29. Hubby & I had sex on 7/27 & 7/28. Yesterday I felt really weird, light headed and weak. I joked that I was preggers. Today I have a little blood when I wipe, but period isn't due for at least another week. So I think it could have been implantation bleeding.

My question is, would a test be able to detect a pregnancy? Should I wait a few more days?

Comments

• It is WAY too early. If conceived, the embryo would still be implanting. May be implantation bleeding. A blood test is accurate by 7dpo if you want to go that route. Good luck!! I would wait at LEAST until 12dpo. It is very rare to get an accurate result at this point. Good luck!!!
  • @captivated That's what I kinda figured but it's so hard to wait.

@redshadoe0 btw congrats to you...I'm a lurker and have followed your story. I'm so happy for you. Who knows maybe I will be in the April Due Date Club as well.
  • Some do get their bfp around 8-10 dpo. You certainly could be feeling symptoms. I would wait to test though.:) you don't wanna go insane with an inaccurate result or a super faint line, evap line, ect...
  • I first thought I was pregnant 4 days after ovulation. My salt n vinegar chips tasted like dirt and I felt so sick all day with no relief. I didn't get a faint positive until 4 days of being late. I started testing 8dpo because of my symptoms. I wish I had waited. Those negatives killed my heart and mind.
  • I had been trying for a year to get pregnant...and when I finally did it was just like your story! I tested positive at 7dpo!!!! So it's VERY possible....everyone's body is different. I even tested positive 8dpo with a digital test.
  • Exactly @Mrs4c! It drives ya crazy!!
  • Thanks! I got the first BFP this time at 9dpo... But that's totally abnormal for me... Usually its the day before my period is due.