sumone please tell me the side affects after depo

edited August 2012 in Health
I had a depo shot an was suppose to go bak june 13 for another but decided not to now the the past few weeks i jus feel nauseated almost all day sumone please tell me if this is a side effect or if i wuld evn have any side effects since its been awhile an i didnt get my second shot anyone have any experiences wit this?

Comments

• Im not sure if you would have any. Heres a bump. @captivated maybe you might know.
  • I don't thnk so but I'd ask the doc who gave you the shot, to be sure since they know about the bc there giving you. There can be different side affects for everyone all I got was a little bit of my hair falling out but naturally my hair is so thick and hard to manage I didn't mind that. But Ive never heard of someone getting nauseated from it..
  • No, the depo is far out of your system now. That's almost five months since your last shot. I would get a pregnancy test since you have had no birth control in two months.
  • @captivated o no no no omg im so scared now
  • @AishaMusa @angel26 thanx ladies im so scared
  • Eek. Sorry hun. Pregnancy is very likely right now. Have you been using any protection? Were you aware that you were not covered from the depo any longer? Have you had a period?
  • @captivated i didnt use aythang at the end of june an we used the P.O.M at the end of july no period except about 3 wks ago i bled for a couple weeks then it finall stopped an last nite i felt a lil crampy an i wiped an was a streak of pink twice but that it an nutn today we had sex a couple times in june then maybe 3-4 times n july
  • @captivated the shot has always been so strong for me i thought i was safe for while :(
  • Well i was on depo for 4yrs.i got pregnant while on it. I felt like i was going to start my period, the next day i had pink discharge/spotting, a couple weeks later my boobs were hurting like hell & i couldn't brush my teeth cuz i would get nauseous. I took a test & got a bfp. Maybe you should take a test, keep us updated :D
  • No, it only lasts for three months hun. Lol.
  • @clope18 o wow u got pregnant on it it took me a year to get prego last time i was on it i no it sounds crazy but im to scared to take one lol
  • The longer you are on it, the longer it takes to conceive.
  • I was supposed to get another one at the beginning of July but I didn't bc of my hair falling out and all the terrible mood swings but since I've been off of it I get nauseated from time to time and in my spare time I'm sleep a lot. Oh yeah, I've been having a tingly feeling in my nipples but I don't think that I'm prego though. I was on depo a few years ago and once I got off of it, I started having having the same side effects afterwards. I think its because the depo screws up your hormones and now our bodies are working to get them back right but I don't know...just know you're not the only one with the crazy side effects after stopping depo!
  • I would take a test. Good luck. Tag me in your update.
  • @captivated i seen the breast cancer risk on one of those commercials so i chickened out on getn another one lol!

• @Tootie08 that makes me feel alot better! My hair is falling out to an mood swings are crazy im staying far away from that shot! If u test tag me!

@angel26 will do gota get sum courage up first lol
  • @Mrz_Jackson I wasn't planning on testing but if I do I'll tag u...Tag me if you do!
  • @Tootie08 ok yea hopefully its jus this crazy shot!
  • I was so nervous about taking a test after I had my daughter I made myself sick. But the out come won't change wither you test or not, so wouldn't you like to know? I have taken 3 tests so far because I haven't had a period in 6 weeks and I use to get them every 2 weeks, they all came back neg. I am going to take one more today and if its neg I will be calling my doctor. Tag me when you do test. Good luck!
  • There hasn't been any proven links between deoo and breast cancer. However, I would worry more about the high risk of osteoporosis!
  • edited August 2012
    The only way you can get pregnant on it is if you miss a a appointment to update your depo shot, even if your a day past your time to retake the shot.. I was on it for 2yrs as I've said before :)
  • @AishaMusa i did i was due to get it june 13 :(

@trixiesmom8 i so dont wanna no lol but i no i need to are u wanting a bfp?

@captivated o im scard of that to lol im a chicken! my ob sed i wuld be ok to take it for a year but i dont want it at all!
  • I would wait until your expected Af if you miss it by like a week take a pregnancy test.. .. Be more careful hun if you don't wanna get preggo..
  • @aishamusa, she hasn't had a period in months.
  • @AishaMusa i havent had a period so idk wen its due i wasnt to worried about it cuz its always took me awhile to get prego after it
  • I would take a pregnancy test just to be safe... It'll relax your mind..
  • @captivated i took a preganancy test rite after an it was negative i still havent got my period an now my breast are kinda achey wuld this still be a symptom of depo since i still dont have my period?

@Tootie08 did u have achey breast for awhile after stopping depo?
  • I was due to have my shot sept 11 and didnt. I had that 20 day period and then nothing this month. So anoyed. Lol. Strickly using condoms and pom. Praying I dont get preg. But I cant afford to get on bc.
  • @angel26 o yea i forgot u was having problems wit it to my shot was due in june i still dont have a period im jus worried about the breast achiness