Mirena

Just had mine put in yesterday. Idk how I feel about it yet. Might just keep it in until my dh deploys then get on the pill when he comes back. I've heard mixed reviews on it, one being that it took them years to conceive again, which it already took me two years to conceive my son after the depo shot :/ and I want to have another baby in maybe 3 years. Any positive reviews ladies? Please put my mind at ease lol

Comments

• It really does not affect your ability to conceive. Most women that have it removed to TTC are pregnant within the next few months. Depo is totally different and can take over a year to conceive again. With regular hormonal birth control, it can take a few months for your cycle to become regular.

The most common risks with Mirena are displacement, perforated uterus etc. Most pregnancies conceived while having it in end in ectopic or miscarriage. Fertilization can occur with the Mirena and often does, but it thins the lining of your uterus so that the pregnancy is unable to implant. This is the primary action of Mirena and how it prevents pregnancies. Random info!
  • ^^^ YES!!!! So many people don't know this!!!! You can totally get pregnant with an IUD but the baby can't implant!!! This makes me so mad! If you truly believe life begins at conception (rather than at birth) then this is an immoral form of birth control, in my opinion.
  • And I mean it makes me mad because the professionals don't tell you this.
  • And sorry, I don't mean any offense personally, this is just a hot topic for me....lol
  • ^^^ YES!! LOL Pills too.
  • Well it took me a year to get pregnant and it lead to a miscarriage. My doc told me it weakened my cervix. But Idk. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Aw shit looks like i'm gonna take it out then:( I feel safer with pills since I rather not use condoms.
  • I'm just nervous about it moving:( and becoming pregnant without knowing. Thanks for the info though @captivated @Wilsomom
  • Yeah mine also moved it started coming out by itself. When I went to take it out my String had shrunk to almost nothing and it was hanging half way out.
  • Yep @wilsomom. Doctors refuse to acknowledge that fact. I don't believe the life at conception thing, doesn't bother me, but I can see why some would steer away. Personal morals and beliefs and I respect that fully.

Most pills prevent ovulation, not allowing it to fertilize unlike the iud.
  • Yes, true about the pills @capitvated, but I think they use the thin uterine lining as a back up method in case you do ovulate.
  • Ahh I see @wilsomom. I'm going to do some research when I get to the computer. I am very curious.