sleeping on my right side

edited August 2012 in Pregnant
im 25 weeks pregnant and im finding it hatd to get to sleep at night! when i sleep on my left side i have my boyfriend breathin on me and im just not comfy! when i lie on my right side i feel really sick! even if i learn my head on my hand to the right while i sit on the sofa i feel really sick and get that acid taste in my throat! i just want to sleep and feel human again!

Comments

• Sounds like it's time to sleep head to feet. My hips hurt so bad that I woke every 30 minutes to shift to the other hip. Shifting was not easy either.
  • Like @mijta said sleep head to feet or you could flip sides so he is laying behind you :-)
  • Or you could do what I did and kick him (literally) out of the bed... Not that I'd ever admit it to him. ;)
  • @conreeaght lawls that is hillarious :-P
  • yeah i think i may have to kick him out!! @mijita i shifted from side to side the other day and got the worst cramp in my stomach then when i went to the loo i was bleedin! scared the life out of me! was on the phone to labour ward at 3am
  • Oh no! Starting at about 34 weeks, I literally had to get out of bed to shift to my other side. I soooo know your pain. I walked 45-60 minutes a day that helped with my discomfort during the day.

Please note that I walked throughout my pregnancy, so please don't go trying to walk a lot unless you're used to it.

I hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Maybe use a body pillow that thing was my bff when I was in the second and third tri. I would even lay on it on my back so I wasn't fully laying on my back but not on my side either or I would lay on top of it like trying to lay on my stomach so I wasn't on my side too much.
  • When I was pregnant I used to surround my self with pillows so I could get my own space in bed.
  • i usually roll the duvet up and use it as a giant pillow! i already have to get out of bed to turn over but sometimes get super lazy!! i just hope for some good nights sleep soon and wish the weather wld cool down may make it a little easier to sleep at night!