Why did medicaid do this?!?!?!

I get to my midwifes office today to be told I couldn't deliver there because medicaid switched me to a different insurance! WTF!!! I almost broke down and cried when I was told that. I knew nothing about it, and when I called the medicaid office they told me my pregnancy medicaid ended in April. It would of been nice to be informed. Now I have to reapply and I'm already 36+2!! They told me if I got to accepted I could come back, until then id have to go some where else-the hospital. I didn't want to go to the hospital this time..I feel like my ”perfect ” delivery is being taken from me. :(( If I have to go to the hospital..I'm going to be so pissed, but there's nothing I can do if I go into labor soon.

Comments

• Oh no, that's horrible! You still have a few weeks, hopefully it will go through before then.
  • Oh! And now I have to find a new place for care after I switched to there last week!
  • @wilsomom she said it would take a month..that is IF I could get them to switch it! With all the pain I've been having idk if I'm going to make it to 40 weeks
  • That's just not right, ugh!
  • @wilsomom it's not..when I talked to her she didn't even sound surprised..just said ”oh they do that sometimes” :/
  • Geez, I guess since it's not them they don't think it's a big deal. Is there any way they could put you on a credit or payment plan until it goes through?
  • I have never heard of them doing that!! Geez. Im so sorry hun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wilsomom they told me that I could do that, but I would have to give them HALF upfront..which would of been $2250! O_O

@homebirthadvocate I had no idea they'd do that to someone..especially someone pregnant. But yeah..for her to just drop me as a patient really bothered me since I really liked her. I guess if I have to bite the bullet and go to the hospital it's not the end of the world, just not what I wanted to do.
  • Dam I didn't know a mid wife costs more than an ob. My doctor charged 2900 for all of my care including c-section- not including labs and scans.

Good luck maybe the paperwork will get done in time.
  • @homebirthadvocate. That was my cash price- no insurance. Of course it did not include hospital stay that is just what I paid to his office. Other than that ultra sounds were 200 each i had 2 and blood work was insanely expensive.
  • @char wow..usually csections are like $6000 here. At the rate every thing is going(pain, a few contractions here and there, loosing LOTS of my mucus plug daily) I don't know if it will be done in time since they would change it on the 1st, and I'm due on the 4th lol
  • It's a good thing that mucous plug does not indicate impending labor :) You can lose tons of it now and still go two weeks overdue!
  • @mommy2ari me too..the next time I have a baby(in like 10yrs lol) I'm going to keep on top of them all the time. I don't even know what this insurance covers..which sucks! I hope you don't get dropped again this time!
  • @erica22 my hospital stay was around 17,000. We were self employed so by the time we paid for a waiting period and the pregnancy plus 3,000 deductiable it was cheaper to just eat the cost. At the time I was planning to have a vaginal birth of course so c-section changed everything. My dictor was actually 2400 for normal delivery.

I hope you get ur the birth u want. It sucks when you feel like you have been cheated!!!!
  • My c-section was $30,000!!!
  • @outlittlenugget WOAH! that's expensive!!!
  • Man I thought I was paying thru the nose. My doctor is even the chief of the ob department and not as pricey as some of y'alls. I live in Ohio so it not as expensive as other place.
  • My birth cost 35000
  • Hmm
    How do you guys with mediad know how much the birth was?